Franklin Co Rebels @ Moore Co Raiders

RaiderzFan

6 minutes ago, MC2023 said:

FC's QB isn't D1, but he is a good QB. He kept FC in this game, and had MC on there heels in the 3rd quarter. He accounted for all their offense. 

Kid plays hard.  He made a couple plays to extend 2 drives that led to both their scores against us.

FC has some players.  Just not enough at the moment.  Especially to try and compete at the 5A level.  But you have to commend Coach Hayworth for playing 2 really good teams in his area even though both are 1A. 

MoCo has a really good team.  Seen the Raiders once this year and last.  They play solid. They have an identity and have an excellent field general in #6.  This is a good win for them.

I would say that the future of Moore County is in good hands.  How about the Sophomore stepping in stone cold off the bench and tossing a back right corner 25 yard TD in a 20-17 game.  Not mop up duty at the end.  Great touch on that ball.  He may not be Dawson White but he can get it done.   #5 Gavin Wise.   Kid has skills.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Kid plays hard.  He made a couple plays to extend 2 drives that led to both their scores against us.

FC has some players.  Just not enough at the moment.  Especially to try and compete at the 5A level.  But you have to commend Coach Hayworth for playing 2 really good teams in his area even though both are 1A. 

MoCo has a really good team.  Seen the Raiders once this year and last.  They play solid. They have an identity and have an excellent field general in #6.  This is a good win for them.

Commend a 5A coach for playing 1A schools and getting beat? Lol. Puhlease.

MC scheduled FC as it's Homecoming punching bag. Smh.

You know you're terrible when a 1A school schedules you as a 5A school as it's homecoming opponent. That's common knowledge.

Edited by phil24
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ttitan27 said:

I would say that the future of Moore County is in good hands.  How about the Sophomore stepping in stone cold off the bench and tossing a back right corner 25 yard TD in a 20-17 game.  Not mop up duty at the end.  Great touch on that ball.  He may not be Dawson White but he can get it done.   #5 Gavin Wise.   Kid has skills.

Did White have to come out for a play (lost helmet) or was he a little banged up last night? Just curious of what the situation was for #5 to be in there. Good to hear the future is bright. 

18 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

Did White have to come out for a play (lost helmet) or was he a little banged up last night? Just curious of what the situation was for #5 to be in there. Good to hear the future is bright. 

seemed like he got gassed. went to the sideline and went straight to taking a knee

26 minutes ago, City223 said:

seemed like he got gassed. went to the sideline and went straight to taking a knee

I'm sure he was running around like a mad man as usual. 

I went to Tullahoma-LC but caught some of Fayetteville City on the radio. Congrats to your Tigers! Hats off to them for playing a TOUGH out of region schedule to begin the year! It'll only make em stronger down the stretch.

Speaking of radio, somebody needs to step up and get MC back on the airwaves. The NFHS is not cutting it. 

Just now, PercyPeabody said:

I'm sure he was running around like a mad man as usual. 

I went to Tullahoma-LC but caught some of Fayetteville City on the radio. Congrats to your Tigers! Hats off to them for playing a TOUGH out of region schedule to begin the year! It'll only make em stronger down the stretch.

Speaking of radio, somebody needs to step up and get MC back on the airwaves. The NFHS is not cutting it. 

hopefully the tough schedule will lead to a good playoff run. they still have marshal county next week so we’ll see how that goes

On 9/16/2023 at 2:04 PM, phil24 said:

Commend a 5A coach for playing 1A schools and getting beat? Lol. Puhlease.

MC scheduled FC as it's Homecoming punching bag. Smh.

You know you're terrible when a 1A school schedules you as a 5A school as it's homecoming opponent. That's common knowledge.

Who commended him for getting beat?   

I commend him for playing better competition in HIS area. 

I guess you'd be pleased if they were to sign a 2 year contract with Greeneville like they  did once upon a time.  Or maybe schedule a Maryville,  an Alcoa,  etc etc.

Who should they schedule?

Easy peasy wins?

Maybe Huntland?