Kenwood Klassic Results

MatWizard87

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously the CBHS fan has a valid complaint. Even though the tournament was smooth.Great Job! Anyone that understands the seeding process could see that Kenwwod in most cases were in easier pools. CBHS,Franklin,Clarksville, beat each other up. I overheard 3 coaches talking about this. This is a good tournament. Let's keep it strong. Some good teams over the years have already left, Ryan,MBA,Overton. If you have a good tourn. they will come year after year. There will be a rebuttle about pools but everyone knows who the stronger teams are, pools could have been done a week in advance for that arguement. Keep the homecooking to a minimum. Let's not rename it "The Betty Crocker Klassic".

Guest copamundial

johnco - from looking at the champions, the seeders did you a favor. Course they coulda done you a bigger favor and sent you home earlier by putting you in pools with Kenwood and Clarksville. Quit crying. Stay in Memphis and beat up on all the big dogs in west Tennessee.

JWV....The reason that Clarksville and Kenwood and CBHS did not see each other much in the pools is because they had most of the stronger wrestlers who were separated into different pools on purpose. It would be natural for them not to see each other until the semis or the finals. It would not make good sense for the better wrestlers to be in the same pools because then they would not have a chance to reach the semis.

Oh, and by the way, MBA has never come to the Klassic and Overton only came the first year and we did not run pools then. I believe that a very large percentage of the attending coaches are happy with the Klassic because they keep coming back. Only a handful of teams have been that do not return. These coaches make a choice each year to come back because they know that they will get their money's worth in mat time and experience. There are other alternatives such as Harpeth, Blackhorse and Overton.

Toro...Actually the night before I pinned the Kenwood wrestler in :54 secs...so if I was in his pool would have done me some good...also I said the Kenwood coach was stalling b/c he stalled the whole match of one of my teamates...not me...I didn't need him to stall in my Kenwood match b/c it was over b/f he could...and in the tournament I dropped out w/ injury

It is obvious that Matwizard that you don't know what you're talking about. Besides being good at getting pinned, designer clothing, hair styling, ect., try being good at making logical statements. Kenwood did an awesome job at rigging the tournament. We (CBHS) has an invitational in January. We have many out of town teams (Helias, MI CBC, MI St. Paul) and many in state good teams us (CBHS), Collierville and Father Ryan. I invite Kenwood to come to our tournament, we'll put them in the right pools :)

OK Gatling, I will agree with you on this one that I thought that the brackets were stacked at the Kenwood Wars at the Wood. I walked out of the gym Friday night just as they were announcing which teams were in the finals and I was surprised! I thought it would probably be CBHS and maybe Franklin High. But still, you guys came out on top, not by as many points as I thought you would though. What I don't get is all the complaints about the pools being stacked, or whatever the term is that is being used. If you are good, you will be good even if the pools are "stacked". You will win regardless. You will just have to meet some of the better wrestlers a little earlier than you expected but if you are good you should be able to waltz right through them with no problem. So, I guess I just don't understand. And look, I am not trying to be a smart aleck here so I would appreciate it if you wouldn't come back with a smart aleck answer. I just was wondering and thinking, as I said, if you are good you are good and it doesn't matter how the brackets or pools are "stacked".

No smart ellec comments, you make a valid point. That is true for one wrestler or even a couple of wrestlers, but it's hard to win a tournament as a team when you have the finals in the first round. It's ok, the tourney's over and CBHS will be fine the rest of the year. Only two guys are graduating from CBHS's team this year, their whole team will be back this year (including both Marables) It'll be interesting to see if stacked brackets will even matter next year.

I attended both the wars at the wood and the klassic! Lets get a few things straight: 1. the wars are seeded according to how your team finished last year at the state! 2. the klassic was seeded friday by masters and coach cobb from CHS. There is a whole lot of whining going on by some wrestlers i believe that just werent good enough on saturday! If you think that masters rigged the brackets you are totally wrong! i have known him for 7 years and he is the most honest person i know! get off him! kenwood wrestlers will see those of you who are whining again in some tournament somewhere! yes I coach with masters! and finally, What tournament have you ever gone to that started on time at 800am and all teams were out of there at 630! quit crying and just wrestle! It only matters in FEBRUARY!!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

Agreement. Let's be realistic. If you read the rules and explanation by KKW and others, you'll understand that the coach followed the criteria. Any seeding is subject to error and upsets sometimes happen; however, that's why you get out on the mat.

Obviously CBHS doesn't have the horses this year. As one post says, almost everybody will be back next year so they can go back to Kenwood and kick butt then. Hopefully you will have a perfect tournament with all your out-of-state teams and west Tennesse powerhouses.