Dyer County Basketball

Yoda

Brian and Montrelle both are my boys but anyone who wants to be honest with themselves including brian and montrelle know they shot waaaaaaay too much at the dyersburg game, maybe they thought that was what they needed to do to win, who knows all I know is poor shot selection lost the game for dc, freethrows didn't help either. Dyersburg played great defense and congrats to them. Dyersburg played it like this, if montrelle or brian brought the ball past half court they were guarded as if they were not going to pass and often were double teamed and it worked. Hopefully they will re-think their strategy and use new plays which will bring matt benjamin and antonio's wide open abilities alot more into the game. Of course Courtney hasn't came into his game yet and played better against haywood(shouldn't have started that game) but he has already improved and will help our chances of going to state greatly. But we'll be ready the 20th I GAURANTEE THAT!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the view like from the bleachers? It is real easy to critique your "boys" when you don't get to sit on the bench or practice with the team. Those two young men did what had to be done last night without your 6'11" post player and your "new" player who has not learned the system yet. Any fan could have seen that. This was a rivalry game and you can't make excuses.

The better team won last night.

Players play and fans pay. Quit speaking up for Dyer Co. fans and players because you have no earthly idea what goes on!! ;)

[Edited by thebeave on 12-7-02 10:15P]

[Edited by thebeave on 12-7-02 10:16P]

"beave" why must u always try and come back with something negative aout evry little thing yoda has too say. u are right in ur post about the game and im sure brian and montrelle did what they thought they needed to do. everyone has their opinions and u guys stretched the last posts a littleeee ttoooooo faarrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Guest beavers2781

THERE IS ONR THING YOU FORGOT TO MENTION IN THE DYER COUNTY-DYERSBURG GAME ON FRIDAY DEC 6.THE LACK OF OFFICIATING.THERE WAS SO MANY NONE CALLS I HAVE EVER SEEN IN A GAME.THERE WAS PLAYERS GETTING UPSET AND THIS COULD HAVE LED TO A VERY BAD SITUATION WITH THIS INTENSE OF A RIVALRY.THE BAD CALLS WERE ON BOTH SIDES.I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL DEC 20 REMATCH :)

Because Yoda does nothing but critique the program and your own players. Neither one of you have the right to critique the people that are on the floor playing. A five dollar admission charge does not a coach make. Maybe Coach Hopkins told those two young men to take the game over? We saw it last year with Perry. Anytime he wanted to score, he had the green light. Maybe that is the plan this year with Crittendon and Fisk. It is not up to you or anyone else to question any coach, OR the players.

Yoda needs to put a little forethought into his posts. It's easy to get on here and tell everyone how it ought to be instead of how it actually is. Especially when you don't play.

Players play and fans pay! There is a reason for that.

Dyer Co. lost three very good ball players last year. At the first sign of adversity, you guys start to critique the team. Dyer Co. is less than two weeks into the season and I guarantee that there will be more games where the "dynamic duo" scores 85% of the points. I got news for you, you can't start every year with a 20+ game win streak. :)

Guest jockrock2003

It does not matter if it is over because no matter what TSSAA does, everyone else in West Tenn knows that something is rotten at DC.

When we played Dyersburg and they won, they and there fans acted first class. Cannot say that about Dyer County cause they acted just horrible.

But that is ok cause DC is on the way back to the cellar.

By the way I went to that Dyersburg game friday with DC, ya'll are lucky that Dyersburg did not beat you worse cause they have better athelets and much more depth. I don't know what that GOMAB has for Dyer County, but he ought get out of the house cause Dyersburg is loaded with athelets.

That charger pride is gonna role all over that orange.

Something rotten at dc? come on man ya'll are making high school basketball out to be the olympics. The only thing wrong with dyer county basketball is the strategy they went by friday night. Montrelle and Brian are great and awesome athletes and should shoot the majority of the shots but in no way should they shoot 85% of it. Perry was the go to man and had a green light but he was known for making 5 or 6 shots in a row then when he started to miss a couple he'd pass off for an assist, if u know dc ball you would know that. Why do you naturally assume because I am in high schol I don't know what i'm talkin about? What does it take to know basketball? Does experience make a good coach? Does being old make you a good player? NO! By the way this is a message board its so people can get on here and express their opinion if u do not like that you shouldn't read the posts. It will get alot better once Jones become a threat and is more involved in the offense and improves on his defense i'm not exactly how sure he is with matchup zone but he'll get better. As for Byrd, just bc your 7' tall doesn't make you a good player. I can tell you do know what you are talking about alot of time beave but I am around the administration alot more and am alot more in depth with connections on the dc side I wouldn't mind sitting down and talking basketball with you one day maybe next year when I enroll at utm, I might change ur mind about young people and impress you somewhat.

Please also remember most coaches are fans first and foremost!!!!!!!!

[Edited by Yoda on 12-8-02 11:18P]

It's amazing how your tuned has changed over the last couple of weeks. A 6'11" center makes a world of difference in a high school basketball game,and could have Friday night. He could have helped out with the tall white kid from Dyersburg. 95% of the good coaches DID play. They understand the game and how to coach the players much better than the people that pay five dollars for their opinion.

If Coach Hopkins wanted your assessment of the game he would give it to you! ;)

Yoda, you would be surprised if you know what and who I know. What makes you think I am from Martin anyway. :confused: If I was I would have been at the Westview/Henry Co. game, and I was not.

Not if the 6'11'' guy has no coordination whatsoever it wouldn't affect the game too much. What would effect it is free throws, leadership, and less leaniency(not a great speller). I'm not on here to impress coach hopkins or anyone else just stating my opinion. I do play maybe not for the school but doesn't mean I don't play the game. How has my attitude changed? I'm still a great fan of DC and I know that friday night was a great game but dyer county should have won and coach hopkins is a very intelligent man and will change the way dc ball is played next time we play dyersburg I promise you that! Hopefully i'll have two teams to watch at murpheseboro this year, dhs and dchs, goodluck to both.

A 6"11" player with no coordination(he has some) has to do nothing but stand in the middle of the lane and stick his arms up. According to coachinhoops, Byrd is a pretty good FT shooter and that would have helped the other night.

As for your attitude, there is not as much venom and you have laid off the name calling.

One question, you still have not answered my question as to why now Jones is a great player when he was not two weeks ago? ;)

I was judging courtney by his performance when he played for covington against us. Its not good to take how someone plays one game to heart and that's what I did. Also more importantly courtney is a nice guy and to me that just makes him a better of a player. I figure i've called you enough names for a while so i'm holding off.