Dyer County Basketball

Yoda

You have a very good point to some of that. Our team can be a very undisciplined team and that's just how coach hopkins seems to handle his team and that seems to work somewhat. As for the fans things ok so fans can say bad things who cares no one really wants anyone to get hurt or anythign they just want their team to win you should know that. And i'm sorry but dyersburg did not beat dyer county the friday before last, dyer county beat itself, anytime you miss all your freethrows, two players shoot 85% of the time, and players underestimate their big rivalry if they still only lose by 3 then its not because they aren't better, its because they didn't do like they should have. And dyersburg is not too disciplined did anyone watch #23 on dyersburg he had the worst attitude of any player I have ever seen, I could hear him talking stuff to our players from the sidelines, his fouling was just stupid slaping to arms and hands, and he just seemed to think he was the best one on the team.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Altshauf was right on all his points.

What was the final score? Dyersburg won. They were the better team that night, period. Is it Dyersburg's fault that Dyer Co. struggled from the free throw line? No. Was it Dyersburg's fault that the shots Dyer Co. put up did not go down? Somewhat. D-burg played a great defensive game and forced Dyer Co. into poor shot selection and forced Fisk and Crittendon to beat them. Quit watching the game with your Dyer Co. blinders on!! As for the trash talking, Dyer Co. NEVER talks smack do they? Of course they do. Every team does. The difference is that you don't play and you never hear it. Some players are not discrete enough, like the player from Dyersburg.

Quit trashing players on other teams as well as your own, especially when you are not even good enough to play.

ok, first of all, lets get some names right. this #23 for dyersburg (jeremy taylor) has been the only exiting player we have had since jamal haymond 5 years ago. and the big guy (daniel chatham) is one of the best coached players i have ever played with. the other big guy (jermaine barnette), daniel chatham, and jeremy taylor are 3 of the 4 kids i have ever known to be able to dunk on a regular basis as freshman.

yeah, jeremy did a little talking, but if you didnt see montrell talking all game long then something really is wrong. there is no way that you can say wth proof that jeremy talked more than montrell anyway. but in the end i wouldnt mind going to see dyer county game, and actually root for the choctaws. but it is really hard to. i think that the only way dyer county to clean up their attitude is one way. and as my good friend drew hollingsworth says. butch needs to get the heck outta dodge.

btw, beave do i know you, or do i have you confused with another beave?

Last word? That could apply to all parties. Ask yourself this one question since you are a Dyer Co. fan:

Very few Dyer Co. fans get on here and support the team. Does it not make you mad that ONE Dyer Co. fan speaks for the whole lot? One person gets on here and questions Coach Hopkins, the players, and the overall team effort in a negative light.

As a DC fan, does this not bother you at all? :confused:

This board is to swap info and talk trash. It's all in fun.:rolleyes:

ok then, im just wondering if you have a clue who i am. but anyway. yoda is right, this is all in good fun, would you rather just everyone stop talking on this board??? i just thought that it would be interesting to put in my opinion and see what kind of response i get.

but yoda, dyersburg beat dyer county. dyer co didnt beat themselves. dyersburgs pressure defense forced the only players that could create their own shot to do just that. no one else could get a shot off. and thats what won the game.

honestly! i get a kick out of u two guys cause yall always go after each other. Butch knows his players better than anyone and he knows how to handle them in my opinion. Dyersburg did beat dyer co, dyer co did miss free throws and that couldve beat dyersburg. i look for it to be a different ballgame next time around. Daniel Chatham will defitnitly have trouble friday nite.

Hope to see u guys in ripley tomorrow nite! :rolleyes:

:o

honestly, you must not have read what i said earlier. dyer co sould be much better off without butch. when i am a coach sometime in the future and a player takes off his jersey and throws it in my face, well, then they are out of my program for good. you make your players lose respect for you when you bow down to them when they make a mistake. butch doesnt know how to handle his players period.

And Brown know how to handle his? Say what you will about Butch...regardless of all his short comings for 32 minutes he is the best coach in West Tennessee. Not only did he bring the boys out of the bottom of the district, but the girls as well. I root for Dyersburg whenever they play someone other that Dyer County. Can't you do the same?

sorry shooter, but like the players in dyer county i have lost respect for butch. and no... butch isnt the best coach in west tennessee, and it certainly isnt brown either. once again a dyer county fan thinks that i just hate choctaws. i just have something against butch. look at the athletes he has. i mean you have crittenden who has a full ride to mtsu. last year you had perry powell who went major division 2 i beleive. hopkins didnt bring dc out of the bottom. no, he has been blessed by the best athletes in the dyer co area. no, butch has been lucky. he isnt some great coach that you would like to make him out to be. and just on a lighter side, butch isnt the best basketball coach in all of west tennessee. john callapari takes the cake.

thanks shooter u said that one for me as i am a dyersburg fan as well except when they play dyer co. On the part with butch and montrelle, i didnt miss a single game that year and i sure dont remeber montrelle ever taking his jersey off and throwing it. im not saying he didnt i just dont remember. if he did im sure he was punished in a way where he wouldnt miss a game. last time i checked dyer co had been to state the last 2 yrs in row where dyersburgs boys havent been since 1987 that i know of. so,if u wanna go with a winner go with the choctaws! go DC! :rolleyes: