Dyer County Basketball

Yoda

Guest jockrock2003

The word here this morning was that the TSSAA will probably report this week what sanctions if any will be placed on Dyer County program. Lets review what has been told already on this thread about some of the recent history - a player takes his jersey off and throws it, players get in fight at OC game, halls players tell that starters get up in last years game and go to the dressing room early in the second half, rumors out of Dyersburg of illegal contact with a bunch of their players, and the boy from covington has a dual residence.

Where there is smoke, there is fire. As long as these bright, high wattage Dyer County fans get on this board and defend a coach who runs a questionable program, then I am sure that other people will continue to respond with the truth, and not rumors.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest handydan

As jockrock so proudly brought to our attention Dyer County has been involved in some questionable situations over the past two years. However, the only thing in question is from which view point these actions have been seen. There is always two sides to a story.

Take story one for instance-The jersey in the face scenerio. Montrelle was a 14 year old freshman who had just fouled out of a game and was frustrated with himself as well as the coach. I believe he has grown tremendously from that time and has turned into a fine floor leading captain. From the way you people are talking he should have been burned at the stake. Get real!!!

Take story two: the Halls game. A player asked to use the restroom and as he left some of his teammates followed. They did not leave on a direct order from the coaches and they were punished accordingly.

Story number three: Alleged illegal contact of several Dyersburg players. Darwin Martin, Keenan Parker, Centauri Dixon, and Joseph Caldwell were all cut by Dyersburg either because the Dyersburg coaching staff had conflicting personalities or maybe even they didn't see talent in them. No matter what the reason, they were dismissed from the team. As a player if I could not do what I love at one school then I would probably transfer to the closest alternative-in this case Dyer County. This hardly constitutes recruiting. If you want to talk recruiting lets hear it. Daniel Chatham, Mario Stewart, Terrance Maclin, Shaunda Strayhorn, Tara Butler, and Megan McNeil were all heavily recruited from a Dyer County feeder school to attend Dyersburg. All of these players are integral parts to their respective teams.

And another thing on the recruiting issue. Just to inform all the fans out there-The young boy that recieved the illegal bus ride as an eighth grader and pronounced inelligible to play at Dyer County by the TSSAA was not even given an opportunity to play at Dyersburg. He was a real star in Junior High and basketball was his only means of staying out of trouble. If kids are supposed to be first in high school athletics, it was definately not depicted in this story.

From what I have seen through reading all this propoganda and a little bit of research, Dyersburg is interested in Dyersburg and its glory-not kids. It just amazes me that Dyersburg rejects can go to Dyer County and actually make something of themselves rather than being swept under the carpet like old dirt. eg (Cris Crisswell) cut from Dyersburg went on to be all district and region as a senior at DC.

I'll be the first to admit that Dyer County has made some mistakes and the TSSAA has punished them accordingly. The bus trip cost the coaches a one game suspension and probation among other sanctions. The fight cost the players involved a two game suspension. The Jones issue cost him a four game suspension. All the mistakes have been paid for.

The punishment should fit the crime and as far as I can see no punishment has been issued towards the violations committed by Dyersburg. Does Sam Miles have that much control of the TSSAA board of controls? I hope not and I pray for consistency when all this is said and done.