Dyer County Basketball

Yoda

No if you want to see stupid go back and read every post you have ever posted. I didn't say you had to be book smart or make good grades I said 90% of basketball is in your mind and it is. I don't care if ur 7'8'' if you don't know what to do against a motion offensive or you don't know how to press or you can't understand plays then you can't play ball. And if your only 5'4'' but you know what it takes to get around that and make up for it by overdoing other things you can be a great player. You are an idiot!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not hard to bench when you go down two inches then hit your gut. I am a fan of the sport I just do not take it when you try to send bad messages towards the team I support. You are a sad little man and for someone to have people look up to him like you do I feel sorry for how they will become when they get older. This was the only year I was on cross country, I tried to play ball once two years ago. You again show how you are a complete idiot and I again shot you down. Again Coack Hopkins made a mistake in cutting me all coaches make mistakes, doesn't mean something is "rotten" in dc, just means losers like you have nothing else to do but get on here and nag us about stupid stuff like this, go home to your wife and grow up she's probably jealous of your computer screen.

It's "motion offense" not "motion offensive". You sure do prove your point about your basketball knowledge with mess-ups like that.

You just showed why Butch is a great coach because he cut you. When you bench press, you bring it down to your CHEST, not your gut, or lack there of. It is obvious you have never worked out before either. Coach(not Coack) Hopkins did not make a mistake in cutting you. Have you seen the team play? Every player on the floor has more talent in their non-shooting hand than you do in that spindly little body of yours. ;) Butch cut you because you could not do the things you tried to explain, and your not any good.

As for my wife, she is hotter than a two dollar pistol. She is also more athletic that you are. She was tickled when I told her who you were. I will say, she does get mad because she knows what kind of geek you are, and tells me I shouldn't be picking on you because it is obvious that you are a little slow anyway. Lets keep this between you and me. ;)

Quit getting so mad, it's all in fun! :(

[Edited by thebeave on 12-12-02 10:25P]

Yea not being the best speller makes me stupid in basketball, that makes a lot of sense..... Well if your wife is half of what you are she must be one whopper of a lady.... Yea I'm a geek, who's the old guy that gets on the computer to talk to a high schooler about basketball because he gets his kicks by trashing teams that are better than his. Yea I stink and have no talent which is exactly why Montrelle and Brian both tell me I should be playing for the team. That is so like you beave, judge someone before you see how they really are, just like dc you judge my game before you see it. All coaches make mistakes and coach Hopkins is no different. He never even really got to see me play team ball how would he know what my skills were like come on beave your going to have to do alot better than that, reach down deep inside urself, im sure u'll find something else to pull out u've got plenty.

hi.i have been reading the rivalry posting of this great rivalry between two good basketball teams.i am from halls and was shocked in hearing of dyer county winning by a wide margin in one of the games.as you all know,halls split with dyer county last year while dyersburg beat halls twice.the athletes that dyersburg has is simply amazing when watching there quickness with there height to match it.i also had a chance to watch dyre county play at murfreesboro as well.that was my first time there and hope halls will make another appearance.hopefully dyersburg can make it as well.i really thought they had a great shot last year as well.halls playing dyre county and dyersburg as well as other AA teams will help them for tournament time.i cant wait until tournament time again.it was our first shot since 1929.the only living woman at the time who attended the game made sure she showed for last years as well.i thought that was neat.she even showed me pictures of some of the players back then.we won our first game but shot i think the worse shhoting performance all year.it had to come at a bad time.but these guys got a taste of what it was like playing for might be a state title.these guys want to get back.so far,we are 6-0 after beating obion county 69-68 in a barnburner of a game where halls trailed by eighteen points midway through the third quarter to pull it out.i talked to one obion county fan who told me that they have been shootiong bad all year.but those obion guys can really shoot it and want have any conscience about it either.good luck to dyr county and dyresburg this season.i will be at all the games halls will play against dyersburg and dyre county.i love watching the team spirits from both crowds.i really like watching coach hopkins work the side lines.hes an intense competitor and anybody can tell by watching.i knew dyre county was only returning fisk this year but was really surprised on how dyre county has started off this season with the improvement of crittendon.corrcet me if im wrong but i dont remember him playing much last year on there starting five.i only heard of one returning starter back this year.i know dyersburg has several back including the mans kid.hes extremely quick.

No, being you makes you stupid. ;)

Answer this, when did I ever dog or attack the Dyer Co. program? I have just had fun with you.

So let me get this straight. Coach Hopkins has pulled the Dyer Co. team out of mediocrity in the last two years and he does not know how to judge talent? Last year he had three college-caliber players and he has had two sign this year and he cannot judge talent? :confused:

The reason Dyer Co. is good now is because he finally started cutting people like you. People who did not now how to defend a "motion offensive." That is a war term, not a style of basketball.

Now I know you don't know who I am. Old man? Not hardly. My wife half as big as me she would be a whopper? HA! All you have done is make generalized statements. Good jobs on the fat jokes though. ;)

alright, so im trying to find out what the standings in the state are for the boys AAA late one night. and i come across this site. i manage to look around a little and i find this message board about dyer county. ok, so i graduated from dyersburg last year. im not meaning to get anything started, this chatroom is a great idea and everything, and i enjoy it. but anyway, just to let you know, i played basketball and football for dyersburg.and im in college to become a coach. so, im not someone on here without a clue of what i am talking about.

i just need to clear things up a bit, and instead of dyer co. talk right now, ill give you some history on dyersburg. well...it usually is the case that for some reason dyer co. ends up with better athletes than dyersburg, thus dyer co having the better boys bb team. well, once in a blue moon dyersburg gets the upper hand in that category. the thing that dyersburg thrives on is great defense and VERY STRICT DISCIPLINE. something i have witnessed first hand. now in the past, when i was a soph, and montrelle was a fresh, at westview i saw montrelle get up, take his jersey off during a time out, throw it in butch hopkin's face, and walk off the court. my father read something in the paper last week about how butch thought that the game at dyersburg was a terribly officiated game, and how dyer co. played bad. this all goes back to what jockrock said earlier, dyersburg is a class act. yes it was a rivalry game, but dyersburg has given dyer co credit in the past bc YES you have had better teams. this year has been the year i wanted to watch this school play ever since i was a soph. i knew that they were gonna be good, and that was the end of it. i was at the game friday before last, and i saw fans from dyer county get upset about every little thing. and i cant beleive how some of the people acted. i loved watching the game, but i hated seeing mommas yelling at other players on the opposite side of the ball. im not saying that someting is rotten at dyer co though. i just think that it is undiscipline. it all went back to dyer co playing street ball, and the fans thinking that it is some sort of hockey match not basketball game yelling "kill em!" and yes i did hear that from a dyer co fan that sat 3 seats down from me. i wish you guys the best of luck for the game on the 20th, though i cant be there due to work, ill find out what happens from some friends of mine. and may the best team win.

and one last thing...one or 2 guys didnt beat dyercounty or beat themselves, it wasnt montrell's fault, it wasn't the 6-11 guy (really about 6-8 or 9), it wasnt the refs. dyersburg beat dyer county. again, we have one more left to go, and i just hope that the fans at dyer co arent as bad at home as they are on the road. but good luck to all the players and coaches because they are really the ones that control everything.