D2 week 6

theawesomebro

off week for LA.  whew, I think we need it.  need to get tony carter back on the d line.

BA (1-4) at baylor (4-1) - dang.  season just won't let up but maybe they showed signs of life against mccallie?

MBA (1-4) at mccallie (5-0) - at least MBA got a win?

friendship christian (5-0) at MTSC (5-0) - maybe the game of the week over here.  who's going to come out on top?

east nash (5-0) at FRA (5-0) - great mid season, non region match up!!

MUS (4-1) at ensworth (4-1) - interested to see how ensworth responds to their first loss.  was pretty impressed with them in the first half against LA.

any im missing to talk about?

JCS and Tipton both undefeated, but jCS to strong. 

mtcs and fcs will take 30 minutes with 423 rushes lol. Both teams run it well. Great game. Taking MTCS. 

BA looked better defensively against McCallie, but Baylor has weapons everywhere and they are at home. 

Ensworth and MUS for first place early in West. MUS takes it this year. Low scoring affair. 

boyd takes ccs to the woodshed. Ccs super strong running game, but to one dimensional. 

On 9/16/2023 at 7:03 PM, ChatterBox99 said:

JCS and Tipton both undefeated, but jCS to strong. 

mtcs and fcs will take 30 minutes with 423 rushes lol. Both teams run it well. Great game. Taking MTCS. 

BA looked better defensively against McCallie, but Baylor has weapons everywhere and they are at home. 

Ensworth and MUS for first place early in West. MUS takes it this year. Low scoring affair. 

boyd takes ccs to the woodshed. Ccs super strong running game, but to one dimensional. 

JCS will easily knock TRA from the ranks of the unbeaten. Most likely a mercy rule.

Like another poster said, one of my people says FC down 2 starting linemen. At least one possibly dismissed. The loss of 2 starting linemen has to hurt. Should be GOTW in D2A. Got a feeling that FCS might be ripe for the picking.

TCA travels to D12A #2 Riverside. Panthers in foul mood that despite having most first place votes, Milan jumped them in the AP's pole this week after a dominating win over Camden. Atmosphere will heavily favor the defending state runners-up in Riverside.  Hopefully, TCA can be competitive. They have lots of front line weapons but overall depth is an issue. Kicking game got much better 2 weeks ago and others are promising in recent play. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 4:28 PM, ReitzFan said:

JCS will easily knock TRA from the ranks of the unbeaten. Most likely a mercy rule.

Like another poster said, one of my people says FC down 2 starting linemen. At least one possibly dismissed. The loss of 2 starting linemen has to hurt. Should be GOTW in D2A. Got a feeling that FCS might be ripe for the picking.

TCA travels to D12A #2 Riverside. Panthers in foul mood that despite having most first place votes, Milan jumped them in the AP's pole this week after a dominating win over Camden. Atmosphere will heavily favor the defending state runners-up in Riverside.  Hopefully, TCA can be competitive. They have lots of front line weapons but overall depth is an issue. Kicking game got much better 2 weeks ago and others are promising in recent play. 

You have more faith in my Eagles, than myself. Good luck to TCA, I smell an upset.  

That TCA vs Riverside game was one of the better games I have ever seen. TCA fought hard and personally I think they got screwed over with the horns blowing during the snap. That definitely threw Vailes off his game a little bit on some of those crucial plays. However I think by the end of the season, TCA will be the last thing JCS wants to see on their schedule. 

On 9/16/2023 at 10:15 AM, CougarDadx2 said:

FCS at MTCS is going to be a barn burner. The two teams are so evenly matched. RBs have almost the exact same YTD yards. Run / Pass % is similar. Lines are similar in size and skill. It's gonna come down to who wants it most. Can't wait for Friday!

GO COUGARS!

Congrats great win , didn't see game but looking at box score on Maxprep. Is it correct that you guys had 0 passing yards ?