Dburg at Jackson North Side: September 22, 2023

tennesseeannouncer

On 9/16/2023 at 12:12 PM, tennesseeannouncer said:

Trojans go on the road to Jackson for the first of three straight road trips in a stretch where they will not play at home for over a month.

No regular season common opponent but the Trojans played Crockett in the Jamboree and Lexington during the summer.

Coaches Hugh Owens and Cedric Hampton used to coach at Dyersburg. Coach Hampton was my DT coach. He used to say,” and you bust through that hole like Moses through the Red Sea!” I’m looking forward to seeing them. Last time I was in that stadium, was the night I blew my shoulder out 21 years ago. Trojans gonna get revenge for me in a big way! 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TrickyD said:

Might have been the worst officiated game I’ve seen! Never saw a white hat line up on wrong side of ball

There were several bad PI calls and Northside’s RT was moving before almost every snap. 
Northside came to play! They have size and speed. No way that team should’ve lost 9 games last year! They ran formations that Dyersburg had no film on and caught them off guard. I can’t get over some of this offensive play calling for Dyersburg. We march down the field, then go super conservative and get stopped. There’s a certain OL that had more tackles on our RBs than Northside did. If they don’t get that kid out, he’s gonna get our qb hurt. He doesn’t block anyone, EVER. He’s playing because of politics. We have half a dozen better OL. Swap a junior guard in there and we score almost every time. SSOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!

21 minutes ago, TrojanLC said:

There were several bad PI calls and Northside’s RT was moving before almost every snap. 
Northside came to play! They have size and speed. No way that team should’ve lost 9 games last year! They ran formations that Dyersburg had no film on and caught them off guard. I can’t get over some of this offensive play calling for Dyersburg. We march down the field, then go super conservative and get stopped. There’s a certain OL that had more tackles on our RBs than Northside did. If they don’t get that kid out, he’s gonna get our qb hurt. He doesn’t block anyone, EVER. He’s playing because of politics. We have half a dozen better OL. Swap a junior guard in there and we score almost every time. SSOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!

I feel your frustration!!! Everybody knows what’s goin on but until Stowe stands up and be the head coach it won’t change 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 7:57 AM, TrickyD said:

Might have been the worst officiated game I’ve seen! Never saw a white hat line up on wrong side of ball

I’m still convinced that North Side was only given three downs on their last possession. They had a procedure penalty giving them 1st and 15 that ended with an incomplete pass. Second down had the strip sack run back for a TD that was ultimately called down and they ran a third and 20+ screen pass. The ball was given back to Dburg after the play. Was there a fumble on the third down completion?