Mcminn Central Chargers vs Meigs County Tigers

RichyRich

4 hours ago, Yeti said:

This thread is quite considering the implications of the region and rivalry. Y’all should be on here beating your chest and informing the Meigs folk of why your going to put 50 on us. 

Just another game around here anymore. Central folk were more concerned with Brainerd obviously. No need to get worked up for a 2A school playing pretend "wannabe" 3A ball. :grin: That better?

On a more serious note though:

Been this way for a while. Not a lot of small town pride over here because of the separate towns. Any time something is planned it's "why didn't we do this in Englewood, why does it have to be in Etowah or vice-versa." No parades, no window writing, no blue n white anywhere in town, no barber shop or Hardees sports talk, no pep rally in town, NO PEP RALLY at school Friday.......nothing. I wonder if the community even knows there's homecoming this week or a very important game. I'm sure this isn't the only community where old school hometown pride is disappearing. :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catchnburn said:

Just another game around here anymore. Central folk were more concerned with Brainerd obviously. No need to get worked up for a 2A school playing pretend "wannabe" 3A ball. :grin: That better?

On a more serious note though:

Been this way for a while. Not a lot of small town pride over here because of the separate towns. Any time something is planned it's "why didn't we do this in Englewood, why does it have to be in Etowah or vice-versa." No parades, no window writing, no blue n white anywhere in town, no barber shop or Hardees sports talk, no pep rally in town, NO PEP RALLY at school Friday.......nothing. I wonder if the community even knows there's homecoming this week or a very important game. I'm sure this isn't the only community where old school hometown pride is disappearing. :(

Think they would show up if they beat us? :thumb:

55 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Think they would show up if they beat us? :thumb:

They are gonna show up Friday night. The whole community is in a buzz. As far as your previous post no central fan with a pulse thinks they will win by 50 or score 50. Matter of fact 99.9 percent all say the same thing… till we beat them they are the favorite. Personally, it all comes down to the offensive and defensive lines. Is central man enough? We shall see. 

Edited by Blue222

17 minutes ago, Blue222 said:

They are gonna show up Friday night. The whole community is in a buzz. As far as your previous post no central fan with a pulse thinks they will win by 50 or score 50. Matter of fact 99.9 percent all say the same thing… till we beat them they are the favorite. Personally, it all comes down to the offensive and defensive lines. Is central man enough? We shall see. 

You don't have to sugar coat it for him, lol. They barely beat Sweetwater and struggled with Chatt Central for a half. This will be out of hand by half. 48-22 Central! Go Blue. 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Blue222 said:

Alot of questions that will be answered Friday.

Should be a good game, I'm not sure we are quite ready to slow down 500 yards of offense in the air lol. We aren't terrible at it though, it would surprise me if we didn't get an Interception or two if you tried passing on us that much. Offensively we are good enough to wear most teams down. We have power and finesse and use it wisely. 

25 minutes ago, catchnburn said:

You don't have to sugar coat it for him, lol. They barely beat Sweetwater and struggled with Chatt Central for a half. This will be out of hand by half. 48-22 Central! Go Blue. 

That's the spirit, we did struggle with Sweetwater, but I'm not sure I'd use that as a measuring stick. As far as Chattanooga Central is concerned, we beat them about like I thought we would. I wouldn't call it struggle, they had some pretty decently players on that team. Since we're naming scores.

Meigs 35

Central 14

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Should be a good game, I'm not sure we are quite ready to slow down 500 yards of offense in the air lol. We aren't terrible at it though, it would surprise me if we didn't get an Interception or two if you tried passing on us that much. Offensively we are good enough to wear most teams down. We have power and finesse and use it wisely. 

That's the spirit, we did struggle with Sweetwater, but I'm not sure I'd use that as a measuring stick. As far as Chattanooga Central is concerned, we beat them about like I thought we would. I wouldn't call it struggle, they had some pretty decently players on that team. Since we're naming scores.

Meigs 35

Central 14

Maybe it'll get going by Friday. People's spirits get picked up by Thursdays.....lol

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

Meigs 35

Central 14

That power is what worries me. I don’t know if our defense can get off the field.  On the flip side I’m looking forward to how you defend Masingale and Harbison with cook and McCarty in the back field.