Mcminn Central Chargers vs Meigs County Tigers

RichyRich

5-0 Meigs County visits 4-1 McMinn Central Friday September 29th.

Meigs handled the Chatanooga Central team with a respectable score of  34-6.

McMinn Central had a bye, but are coming off of a thrashing of the Wildcats of Sweetwater 44-10. A team Meigs only beat 21-14

This Meigs team is a similar team in ability to the 2021 team. I'd say stronger offensively but maybe just a tad weaker defensively. We are playing our best football right now of the season. Our new coach so far has proven to be of equal caliber to Fitzgerald as a coach and better in some aspects especially his ability to adapt his team to what his opponent is doing during the game. 

Many of you Central fans may not know of Ethan Meadows, but he is likely of equal caliber to your Masengale player. 

We will see who deserves the hype after this game is over. 

What have you gentleman? Predictions? Breakdowns? I'm all ears. :popcorneater:

6 hours ago, Yeti said:

McMinn Central had a bye, but are coming off of a thrashing of the Wildcats of Sweetwater 44-10. A team Meigs only beat 21-14

This Meigs team is a similar team in ability to the 2021 team. I'd say stronger offensively but maybe just a tad weaker defensively. We are playing our best football right now of the season. Our new coach so far has proven to be of equal caliber to Fitzgerald as a coach and better in some aspects especially his ability to adapt his team to what his opponent is doing during the game. 

Many of you Central fans may not know of Ethan Meadows, but he is likely of equal caliber to your Masengale player. 

I think the D is playing pretty well, they have done pretty good against some good athletes. I thought Stone had a really good pocket passing QB with some good receivers and we contained them pretty good, I think the coaches will have a good game plan to limit Masengale’s touches and make someone else make plays. I think it comes down to Meigs just being more physical and being able to pound the ball with some good running backs and Meadows can take it to the house on any given play. Looking forward to this game.

11 hours ago, Yeti said:

I knew people were blowing smoke when they said Meigs was gonna be down this year, I heard the same about mcminn county. Glad to see all three area schools successful this year though usually it's just mcminn  and Meigs. Hopefully all three will be successful in basketball. Usually it's just mcminn and central in boys basketball and girls basketball it's always central and Meigs. Always a good mix with the local teams

5 hours ago, RichyRich said:

I knew people were blowing smoke when they said Meigs was gonna be down this year, I heard the same about mcminn county. Glad to see all three area schools successful this year though usually it's just mcminn  and Meigs. Hopefully all three will be successful in basketball. Usually it's just mcminn and central in boys basketball and girls basketball it's always central and Meigs. Always a good mix with the local teams

So far being down at Meigs has just meant we were young. Last years team mostly consists of the Seniors we are playing this year. Next year? Who knows. Hopefully we can continue the trend.

This is currently where everyone stands in our region. Tyner has the edge on region wins currently. The top 3 on this list are likely to be 1, 2 and 3 seed in no particular order. Some good football to be played still in region games. 

Current Streak: 3 W
3-3 3-0
Current Streak: 5 W
5-0 2-0
Current Streak: 4 W
4-1 2-0
Current Streak: 3 L
1-4 0-2
Current Streak: 1 L
1-5 0-2
2-4

0-3

Tyner has wins over Brainerd, Sweetwater, and Chattanooga Central. Meigs and McMinn Central left to play

Meigs has wins over Sweetwater, and Chattanooga Central. McMinn Central, Tyner, and Brainerd left to play.

McMinn Central has wins over Sweetwater and Brainerd.  Meigs, Tyner, and Chattanooga Central  left to play.                                 

Just some.more to talk about.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Yeti said:

This is currently where everyone stands in our region. Tyner has the edge on region wins currently. The top 3 on this list are likely to be 1, 2 and 3 seed in no particular order. Some good football to be played still in region games. 

Current Streak: 3 W
3-3 3-0
Current Streak: 5 W
5-0 2-0
Current Streak: 4 W
4-1 2-0
1-4 0-2
Current Streak: 1 L
1-5 0-2
2-4

0-3

Tyner has wins over Brainerd, Sweetwater, and Chattanooga Central. Meigs and McMinn Central left to play

Meigs has wins over Sweetwater, and Chattanooga Central. McMinn Central, Tyner, and Brainerd left to play.

McMinn Central has wins over Sweetwater and Brainerd.  Meigs, Tyner, and Chattanooga Central  left to play.                                 

Just some.more to talk about.

What is the makeup of the opposing region we will play is the one with grundy county?

37 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

What is the makeup of the opposing region we will play is the one with grundy county?

Community High School (Unionville, TN)

Giles Co. High School (Pulaski, TN)

Grundy Co. High School (Coalmont, TN)

Sequatchie Co. High School (Dunlap, TN)

Watertown High School (Watertown, TN

Pretty sure Giles normally wins out between ours and their region.

45 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Community High School (Unionville, TN)

Giles Co. High School (Pulaski, TN)

Grundy Co. High School (Coalmont, TN)

Sequatchie Co. High School (Dunlap, TN)

Watertown High School (Watertown, TN

Pretty sure Giles normally wins out between ours and their region.

I think yall can beat Giles I think it will be

Meigs county vs grundy County

Mcminn central vs Watertown 

Tyner @ sequatchie County 

Brainerd/sweetwater@ Giles County 

Edited by RichyRich