Perry County travels 3 hours to Red Boiling Springs Friday night

PCsupporter4life

For the first time since a home-and-home matchup in 1999 and 2000, the Perry County Vikings take on the Red Boiling Springs Bulldogs up in Macon County. Without traffic, it is 2 hours and 45 minutes from downtown Linden to Red Boiling Springs. I believe the Vikings are leaving around 10:00 A.M. and eating in Nashville or something like that. Either way, I know nothing about this Bulldogs team. I know they are kind of like PC when it comes to not having a "winning" tradition but this years team is looking like the team from 2016 when they won 6 games. Thoughts, Comments, Smart Remarks?

Edited by PCsupporter4life

4 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

For the first time since a home-and-home matchup in 1999 and 2000, the Perry County Vikings take on the Red Boiling Springs Bulldogs up in Macon County. Without traffic, it is 2 hours and 45 minutes from downtown Linden to Red Boiling Springs. I believe the Vikings are leaving around 10:00 A.M. and eating in Nashville or something like that. Either way, I know nothing about this Bulldogs team. I know they are kind of like PC when it comes to not having a "winning" tradition but this years team is looking like the team from 2016 when they won 6 games. Thoughts, Comments, Smart Remarks?

Not a smart remark, but I was looking through tennessee high school football history. But was wondering  what took perry county so long to get a football team I seen they didn't field a team til 97 or 98. I'm from east tn so my west tn hsf knowledge is kinda limited at best.

Edited by RichyRich

50 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Not a smart remark, but I was looking through tennessee high school football history. But was wondering  what took perry county so long to get a football team I seen they didn't field a team til 97 or 98. I'm from east tn so my west tn hsf knowledge is kinda limited at best.

Well we’re still middle Tennessee. We’re right on the river. Main reason is because of funding as well as our love for basketball here. We had it in the 60’s then in 1972 we shut it down completely due to funding and they were able to get it back in 97

PC will be getting one of their better younger players back this week as well. Should help the defense and special teams, but it's going to be tough against this RBS team. They look big and physical, even though PC is coming on a charter, they better not get too comfortable, the Bulldogs aren't as bad as some may think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

Well we’re still middle Tennessee. We’re right on the river. Main reason is because of funding as well as our love for basketball here. We had it in the 60’s then in 1972 we shut it down completely due to funding and they were able to get it back in 97

Hard for me to tell the cut off between west and middle, but other side of Nashville pretty much sums up what I meant lol. 

11 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Hard for me to tell the cut off between west and middle, but other side of Nashville pretty much sums up what I meant lol. 

The Tennessee River (or Kentucky Lake) is the cutoff from west to middle. Look at the map in the link below.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Study-area-showing-all-95-Tennessee-counties-with-white-lines-representing-the-three_fig1_341488905 

3 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

The Tennessee River (or Kentucky Lake) is the cutoff from west to middle. Look at the map in the link below.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Study-area-showing-all-95-Tennessee-counties-with-white-lines-representing-the-three_fig1_341488905 

Where I've been considering west is one set of counties to far the east. The more you know! Just leaves West tn looking kinda small

4 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Where I've been considering west is one set of counties to far the east. The more you know! Just leaves West tn looking kinda small

A lot of great players and football towns in west tennessee, bad thing is, Perry County has to drive 45 minutes to anywhere really. We're a county of 8,000 people strong. Most counties have double the population than we do. 

Well this thread really never flourished. I just wanted to see how Perry County would fair against Red Boiling Springs. Obviously it's not a big eye-opening game, it's not a region game, but it is a game that could help the Vikings win back-to-back games for the first time since 2014. RBS is a much improved program and it's going to be tough for the Vikings to come on their turf and come away with a win. 

35 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

RBS has a small player count with several players going both sides of the ball (I realize this is common in Single A and Double A schools) the current coaches are trying to build a program and change the culture their 

Great!We need to keep our small schools!Good luck to both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1