What's going on in Sweetwater with the coach suspension.

BarneySox2007

2 hours ago, VolsUntilIDie said:

Another thing there is another QB that is a Sophomore & a stud athlete but now he’s 2nd string behind a freshman. The Freshman’s parents are a prominent family in Sweetwater.so it’s buddy ball all day

I know everyone commenting on this page has their own opinions about Sweetwater football. But you did not see the difference in the kids playing Friday night. Sweetwater did not come away with the win but the QB play was better than what they had before. He did put Sweetwater in position to go ahead with less than two minutes in the game. A botched snap on a field goal attempt was the difference.  The freshman played lights out. Sweetwater did have some key players out, center, running back (2) and another lineman.  If they have all 4 of them in the game, I think Sweetwater comes out on top.  I have never heard of a petition going around and I would like to know who is the other stud sophomore QB?  

10 hours ago, Highlights said:

I know everyone commenting on this page has their own opinions about Sweetwater football. But you did not see the difference in the kids playing Friday night. Sweetwater did not come away with the win but the QB play was better than what they had before. He did put Sweetwater in position to go ahead with less than two minutes in the game. A botched snap on a field goal attempt was the difference.  The freshman played lights out. Sweetwater did have some key players out, center, running back (2) and another lineman.  If they have all 4 of them in the game, I think Sweetwater comes out on top.  I have never heard of a petition going around and I would like to know who is the other stud sophomore QB?  

It was a great game for him to get his start but Tyner is extremely young and not very good. If it was lights out then they would’ve won against Tyner. I got close friends in and hometown boys are what they want. Before the season me & my buddies said they will run him off because that’s how it is over there. Sweetwater folk are gonna back the hometown kid with the right last name regardless if he’s ready or not. Jeremiah Parris #5 Is the guy plain and simple. He’s 1 of the best runners on the team. The fact he doesn’t touch the ball often is outrageous. I hear they put him at WR . I’m told Now #5 is 2nd string to a kid he’s way better than and definitely better athletically. Nepotism at its finest. #5 is a quarterback but he’s being held back. He might need to transfer up here to play in Knoxville. 

Edited by VolsUntilIDie

1 hour ago, VolsUntilIDie said:

It was a great game for him to get his start but Tyner is extremely young and not very good. If it was lights out then they would’ve won against Tyner. I got close friends in and hometown boys are what they want. Slover didn’t have a chance. Before the season me & my buddies said they will run him off because that’s how it is over there. Sweetwater folk are gonna back the hometown kid with the right last name regardless if he’s ready or not. While everyone is worrying about a freshman playing QB they totally forgot that Jeremiah Parris #5 Is the guy plain and simple. He’s 1 of the best runners on the team. The fact he doesn’t touch the ball often is outrageous. I hear they put him at WR so Slover doesn’t have him take the position and now it’s been said that parents went directly to the board saying they wanted that freshman. I’m told Now #5 is 2nd string to a kid he’s way better than and definitely better athletically. Nepotism at its finest. #5 is a quarterback but he’s being held back. He might need to transfer up here to play in Knoxville. 

Also those running backs are gonna carry the team offensively. Especially that #9. And that #23 is tough too. #5 can run.Sweetwater wants to make a real run especially in the playoffs, they better hand that ball off lol

Edited by VolsUntilIDie

1 hour ago, Highlights said:

If anyone saw the both of them play. You would understand, as a fan, why the freshman should start over the sophomore.  This is about putting the best players on the field and giving them a chance to win.  Sweetwater did not have a chance to win with Slover as the QB

Here is the problem I see and this is not a shot at Sweetwater but goes for any program.  You hire a coach to lead your program so let him lead your program. (I don't care who the man plays or if someone else that the admin or fans think is better) If he runs it into the ground in one year then fire his tail but don't suspend a coach in the middle of a season because he wasn't playing the Admin or Fans favorite of who they think should be the QB.  You are going to have no head coach wanting to coach at a program that has done what Sweetwater has just done.  Administration is for hiring and not Coaching, Fans are for enjoyment of the game and cheering on the team not coaching.  The head football coach is who gets to decide who starts and who doesn't, it's as simple as that.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Here is the problem I see and this is not a shot at Sweetwater but goes for any program.  You hire a coach to lead your program so let him lead your program. (I don't care who the man plays or if someone else that the admin or fans think is better) If he runs it into the ground in one year then fire his tail but don't suspend a coach in the middle of a season because he wasn't playing the Admin or Fans favorite of who they think should be the QB.  You are going to have no head coach wanting to coach at a program that has done what Sweetwater has just done.  Administration is for hiring and not Coaching, Fans are for enjoyment of the game and cheering on the team not coaching.  The head football coach is who gets to decide who starts and who doesn't, it's as simple as that.

Truth! This is a set back for Sweetwater. Who would want to coach there for less than average pay, plus fan/admin/politics?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2