Tullahoma hosts Columbia for Homecoming

CatsAndPats

1 hour ago, CatsAndPats said:

Tullahoma will face a tough opponent for Homecoming. I think we know the strength of this team is defense. Tullahoma will have to find a way to produce some points. I think it will still be somewhat low scoring: over/under 33.5, Columbia -10.

I’ll say Columbia 21, Tullahoma 10. I hope I’m wrong. 

Videos I have seen of Columbia, they have a  big line, and they have a  lot of speed. There running back McCoy had over 200 yards last week  against Lawrence County.

They have the size and speed advantage over the TulCats as mentioned previously. This one is probably not going to be pretty. I don't see Tullahoma's d-line stopping their big guys up front for 4 quarters. Just hoping to see Tullahoma still in it by half. The game plan needs to be ball control and shortening the game. Unfortunately Tullahoma's offense is not built that way. Maybe Columbia will have a bunch of turnovers. 

On 9/21/2023 at 6:46 PM, PercyPeabody said:

I don't see Tullahoma's d-line stopping their big guys up front for 4 quarters. Just hoping to see Tullahoma still in it by half. The game plan needs to be ball control and shortening the game. Unfortunately Tullahoma's offense is not built that way. Maybe Columbia will have a bunch of turnovers. 

I admit I was wrong; however, Columbia did turn it over. They call it their punting game. Haha 

7 hours ago, CatsAndPats said:

I didn’t see that coming either. Tullahoma’s offense is improving but still such a wildcard. They took care of business though and did what they needed to. The defense is legit vs. good or bad teams imo. 

Tullahoma had a run game tonight makes everything go better.  Wildcats in charge of own destiny now.  Wildcats r definitely a different team now    They just need to take care of business now. Go cats.  

It was a convincing win for the Wildcats and puts them in position to compete to host a first-round playoff game. If they win the rest of their games and Franklin Co. loses another region game...but we know Shelbyville is sitting there at Week 11, and it could be for the region title.

Everything starts with the QB, and Mason Bratcher was exceptional last night, completing 13-16 for over 200 yards and 2 TD. Sophomore RB Marvancy Johnson ran for almost 150 yards on 27 carries. He is running with a lot of confidence. All those yards were benefitted by improved offensive line play.

Tullahoma's defense held Columbia to under 300 yards total offense, and once #2 McCoy went out in the second half, with Tullahoma already leading 27-14, the Lions had no offensive answer. 

Every Chadwick kickoff was a touchback, although a field goal was blocked, and he missed one from 47 yards out (plenty of distance). 

The Wildcats host two more home games, Lawrence Co. this week and Warren Co. next week. After its open date the Cats finish with two on the road, at Spring Hill and Shelbyville.