McKenzie travels to Perry Co.

RedRebelman

13 hours ago, RaiderzFan said:

McKenzie continues their weak schedule…They should win HUGE here….they pick the final score no doubt….

As should Moore County and their weak schedule. 

McKenzie vs Opp Scoring 200 to 79.   Moore County 249 to 77.

Opponents records thus far:   23-33 McKenzie        Moore Co  26-32.  

Let's both just agree that our regions assigned by the TSSAA are not really any competition.  Nor are the two larger class schools we have both played in Franklin Co and Chester Co, respectively. 

And yes.  If we are fortunate enough to get back to you guys in the third round, you are the favorites to win.  

• Upvote 1

Gleason has been averaging very good numbers and everyone thought they could come into Linden and have a easy stroll. Yes, McKenzie has the talent, McKenzie has more kids in their area then Perry County has in the entire county. We don't have a tradition in football like most in our Region. We are still building after the Jacob Tucker years that set us back because we didn't have a junior pro program (we have it back and they are dominating bigger schools) Middle School has won more games this year then they have in a few years. Should yall win? Sure, if we had talent like yall then yes I would be confident but no reason to say "pick the score" or "No contest. People said the same about the Greenfield game (won 34-7) and the Gleason game (lost 14-6). PC will do everything they can to compete. It's not our fault we only have about 1,000 kids combined in K-8 Lobelville school, Linden Elementary, Linden Middle and PCHS. Carroll and Weakley Counties have bigger populations and better traditions. Honestly, you guys shouldn't be 1A, this should be for the smallest schools in the state and McKenzie isn't small by no means. Have a good game, and play with humbleness and compassion because if you don't you may get hit in the mouth by a team you over look. Just my two cents.

A few notes for context

Population Difference

McKenzie- 5,456

Linden and Lobelville combined- 2,000 (mostly retired people)

County Difference

Carroll County- 28,432

Perry County- 8,472

High Schools in the County with Enrollment

Bruceton- 178

Huntingdon and Clarksburg join for Football- 480 (combined both high schools

McKenzie- 376

West Carroll- 263

Combined kids in high school in Carroll County (1,401)

Perry County- 300 (Only high school)

3 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

A few notes for context

Population Difference

McKenzie- 5,456

County Difference

Carroll County- 28,432

Perry County- 8,472

Bruceton- 178

McKenzie- 376

West Carroll- 263

3 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

A few notes for context

Population Difference

McKenzie- 5,456

County Difference

Carroll County- 28,432

Perry County- 8,472

Bruceton- 178

McKenzie- 376

West Carroll- 263

So Mckenzie has 57 more kids than PCHS. PCHS has twice as many kids as Gleason and Greenfield. So if they added another class so PCHS could be in with only smaller schools, then the Gleason's of the world would still have the same argument  you are trying to make. PCHS actually has more kids than Moore Co. and Lake County and they have done pretty well. Since reclassification McKenzie has always had to bounce back and forth from 1A/2A. They are either a larger 1A school or the smallest 2A school. If Mckenzie was in 2A this year, the largest 2A school would have close to 200 more kids than McKenzie. So I am not sure there is a way to fix this to satisfy you. Of course I have no sympathy, when I played there were only 3 classes including all the privates so it is a lot more fair today than in many years past. 

47 minutes ago, RexKwonDo said:

So Mckenzie has 57 more kids than PCHS. PCHS has twice as many kids as Gleason and Greenfield. So if they added another class so PCHS could be in with only smaller schools, then the Gleason's of the world would still have the same argument  you are trying to make. PCHS actually has more kids than Moore Co. and Lake County and they have done pretty well. Since reclassification McKenzie has always had to bounce back and forth from 1A/2A. They are either a larger 1A school or the smallest 2A school. If Mckenzie was in 2A this year, the largest 2A school would have close to 200 more kids than McKenzie. So I am not sure there is a way to fix this to satisfy you. Of course I have no sympathy, when I played there were only 3 classes including all the privates so it is a lot more fair today than in many years past. 

My point is, kids in the same county can play at different schools if they choose. Perry county can’t have that. Only one high school. Tiptonville and lake county are on the border of Kentucky and Missouri, they could bring kids in. Linden is literally 30 minutes from anything. Not looking for sympathy, just being real. Kids in Huntingdon could play at McKenzie and McKenzie kids could play at west Carroll. When you’re in the same county kids can go wherever they want.