McKenzie travels to Perry Co.

RedRebelman

To your point , yes it does happen , as it does everywhere … but it doesn’t happen as much as you probably think . Carroll County isn’t Alcoa , with a bunch of satellite and feeder schools in the area with the option to pick and choose who they want , that’s not how it works . It’s traditionally rich in football goes back to leather helmet days , they also don’t play on a baseball field . Perry County lacks funding and tradition as far as football . You can’t even argue with someone from PC about football , they could care less about it … but BASKETBALL , you good folks over there  are ready to riot and rumble over some bball lol

8 hours ago, PCsupporter4life said:

my point exactly

We are from Huntingdon. We only moved to Camden last year. And that's only because of the housing market. He started in Huntingdon before we moved to Camden. So, it's not like we've lived in Camden all our life and decide to go to Huntingdon Instead. We are Mustangs living in a foreign county. There is no way we could be Lion fans, we bleed blue and gold!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

We are from Huntingdon. We only moved to Camden last year. And that's only because of the housing market. He started in Huntingdon before we moved to Camden. So, it's not like we've lived in Camden all our life and decide to go to Huntingdon Instead. We are Mustangs living in a foreign county. There is no way we could be Lion fans, we bleed blue and gold!

Right, I'm just saying that it is possible to live in another county, town, etc and still be able to go to school elsewhere. Plus more kids to choose from and since all the towns have their own "districts" or "zones" I guarantee there is more kids in that square mile radius then where we're from. Perry County is a retirement destination. There are 10 times more older people here then younger couples. 

Edited by PCsupporter4life

Any way, that's besides the point, McKenzie is a great team and PC will play their best but it's going to take a miracle (just from what I'm hearing around). One thing about PC though, they have help coming. Junior Pro teams play Fairview, Mt. Pleasant (and columbia), Lewisburg, Dickson teams (Charlotte and White Bluff) and Lewis County. Our 10U is (5-0) and outscoring opponents 310 to 18. 12U are (2-3) and most have never played even at 10 and 11 years old. But the Minors and Pee-Wees coming up have played for 5 years and know what they are doing. The Majors will play in Middle School and will help the high school in a few years. The crop coming up from middle school now are going to help a ton next year. This team this year still has a chance to make the playoffs. They got to beat McEwen and Bruceton and of course both of them are on the road. 

10 minutes ago, PCsupporter4life said:

Right, I'm just saying that it is possible to live in another county, town, etc and still be able to go to school elsewhere. Plus more kids to choose from and since all the towns have their own "districts" or "zones" I guarantee there is more kids in that square mile radius then where we're from. Perry County is a retirement destination. There are 10 times more older people here then younger couples. 

8 minutes ago, PCsupporter4life said:

Any way, that's besides the point, McKenzie is a great team and PC will play their best but it's going to take a miracle (just from what I'm hearing around). One thing about PC though, they have help coming. Junior Pro teams play Fairview, Mt. Pleasant (and columbia), Lewisburg, Dickson teams (Charlotte and White Bluff) and Lewis County. Our 10U is (5-0) and outscoring opponents 310 to 18. 12U are (2-3) and most have never played even at 10 and 11 years old. But the Minors and Pee-Wees coming up have played for 5 years and know what they are doing. The Majors will play in Middle School and will help the high school in a few years. The crop coming up from middle school now are going to help a ton next year. This team this year still has a chance to make the playoffs. They got to beat McEwen and Bruceton and of course both of them are on the road. 

I wish PC the best of luck and to future success of their football program.

26 minutes ago, RexKwonDo said:

I wish PC the best of luck and to future success of their football program.

There's alot of great programs in the state. It's hard to compete in a lot of them. Even though PC football is 26 years old, it's still a fairley young program. Hopefully the best of times are still ahead. We had great seasons from 2008 to 2011 and even some really good years in the 2000's. But hopefully it'll change soon.

Edited by PCsupporter4life
  • Like 1