Elizabethton at D-B

TribalEmpire

50 minutes ago, Jduggie said:

Nope from the broadcast I’ve watched on YouTube they are on the away side with their dance teams that takes up half the sideline

I was at the Asheville game. I sat on the DB side with the Maupin’s and I just looked across the field and thought, we would fill those stands if the band isn’t there. Betsy travels well to all away games. Usually turning them into home games because we bring more fans than the host team. Not this time, because DB can really pack the house. It should be a huge crowd. Probably one of the biggest crowds you will ever see in that place. And don’t tell me that SH games bring big crowds. Because they don’t travel like we do. These young men are going to be treated to a sight most high school athletes will never get to experience. We’ve beaten every 3A-6A team in this Region. Except one. This will settle the question as to who is the dominant force in high school football. No more speculation. It will be settled. I personally think it’s good for these two to play each other. Like Alcoa and Maryville. It’s just a fun game and can really help both teams in their physical and mental preparation for the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I was at the Asheville game. I sat on the DB side with the Maupin’s and I just looked across the field and thought, we would fill those stands if the band isn’t there. Betsy travels well to all away games. Usually turning them into home games because we bring more fans than the host team. Not this time, because DB can really pack the house. It should be a huge crowd. Probably one of the biggest crowds you will ever see in that place. And don’t tell me that SH games bring big crowds. Because they don’t travel like we do. These young men are going to be treated to a sight most high school athletes will never get to experience. We’ve beaten every 3A-6A team in this Region. Except one. This will settle the question as to who is the dominant force in high school football. No more speculation. It will be settled. I personally think it’s good for these two to play each other. Like Alcoa and Maryville. It’s just a fun game and can really help both teams in their physical and mental preparation for the playoffs. 

Have y'all ever beaten 5A Boone?    Oh, wait, nevermind....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Umm, it's never settled. Everybody starts with a clean slate every year. 

• Upvote 1