Elizabethton at D-B

TribalEmpire

52 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I think DB might have an Ace but I think they're afraid to pull it.  Or will pull it too late. You have to give the edge to Elizabethton. Coaching and preparation will be worth 14 points in this game. 

I think this will be a good game and I think Betsy defense might be the difference in this game.

4 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

This game means something to Betsy. Their band is sick and tired of hearing about DB’s huge band. The team is sick and tired of hearing how DB could beat them every year when DB can’t even beat Science Hill or Greeneville, who Betsy has owned in recent years. And as a former member of both the band and football team, I’m looking forward to this too. Of course, it’s been 35yrs since I played or marched. And the last time Betsy defeated the Tribe was also 35yrs ago. (1988) Time to break that mark. 

Tennessee State Champ huh? That's quite an accomplishment. Kudos to them....but

DB is the defending 3 time Class AAA NATIONAL CHAMPION. Ranked in the top 10 bands NATIONALLY

For DB to be one of the top 10 biggest schools in TN and the biggest band they SHOULD  always win. If we had the numbers like DB you can't tell me Elizabethton wouldn't be on the same level. Anyway this is about football so..

Physical game but after watching both teams EHS is the better of the 2. No common opponents yet but contrary to what DB fans will say I believe this year's team is weaker than last year's. We handled Science Hill who I'd say is probably on par with DB this year. Greeneville struggled with West but were tied with DB. Not sure if that that says more about either DB, West or Greeneville.

End of the day EHS is not the same team DB beat up on in the past and I feel we win this in a close one

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DBKPT93 said:

7 on 7 isn’t real football. 

I know. But you’re guys couldn’t compete even without being harassed by our D-Line! What makes you think it will get any better when they are running for their lives? We play the game to decide the outcome. A lot can happen. But I just don’t see this going the Tribe’s way.

5 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I think DB might have an Ace but I think they're afraid to pull it.  Or will pull it too late. You have to give the edge to Elizabethton. Coaching and preparation will be worth 14 points in this game. 

If you think the ace is the transfer from union you are mistaken left union because he couldn’t see the field and Elizabethton beat the crap out of union in scrimmage the past two years 

7 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

For DB to be one of the top 10 biggest schools in TN and the biggest band they SHOULD  always win. If we had the numbers like DB you can't tell me Elizabethton wouldn't be on the same level. Anyway this is about football so..

Physical game but after watching both teams EHS is the better of the 2. No common opponents yet but contrary to what DB fans will say I believe this year's team is weaker than last year's. We handled Science Hill who I'd say is probably on par with DB this year. Greeneville struggled with West but were tied with DB. Not sure if that that says more about either DB, West or Greeneville.

End of the day EHS is not the same team DB beat up on in the past and I feel we win this in a close one

It’s coaching not just how big the school is

This is sounding a lot like that year Jason Witten and the Cyclones played the Indians. A lot of big talk by the folks in Elizabethton that year if I remember correctly. And I do. That game is right up there with the year we beat South 44-0 after their fans were clamming it would be a blowout in their favor. Sometimes you just never know. Seriously though, things have changed in Elizabethton. Obviously. The coaching advantage alone will be worth 14 points. And add in Witten will probably have a little extra motivation. It'll be in the back of his mind at least. 

• Like 1