Elizabethton at D-B

TribalEmpire

11 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Coaching is not important. What's important is that big scoreboard, that upper deck, the nice big fieldhouse, and those fancy flashing stadium lights. 

I wish Kingsport would care about football like they do Band. I love the passion and support behind the band. I just wish it was the same for football

24 minutes ago, timcraw said:

I wish Kingsport would care about football like they do Band. I love the passion and support behind the band. I just wish it was the same for football

They have one of the best band directors in the country. At any level. I'd trade him for a good football coach in a New York Minute. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, orangeandwhite said:

Neither team looked very good to me tonight, more of a vanilla game makes you yawn. Cyclones definitely were better but not very much better and DB was bad with terrible play calling and QB play. If I were Elizabethton I would be very concerned about that green team they’re gonna face in bout 3 weeks 

We are. And have always been. Even if you beat them you’re probably going to see them again. So, it’s that “beat a good team twice in the same year” thing. If we don’t figure out how to hold our temper, stop holding and false starts and jumping off sides, we won’t even be on the field with the G-men for very long. Enjoy it tonight. Forget it tomorrow. Improve and prepare for next week. One game at a time. And we FINALLY get to play at Home. 
I’ve got to ask this. Maybe some of you Indians can answer it. How many more interceptions (especially the end zone) does 0 have to throw before he will give someone else a chance? I saw him pull Maupin against Asheville after some of the worst play calling I’ve ever seen. Run for 1. Run for -2. Put pressure on the QB to have to make a play. And you pull him and give the Hurd Kim the ball at the other teams 35 so he can throw a pick in the end zone. But, he gets a pass on that? His passing will be the death of you. If you won’t trust Maupin at least give a younger kid a chance to gain some experience and maybe spark the offense. Are the flashing lights really worth it?

Edited by BigDaddyDave

13 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

We are. And have always been. Even if you beat them you’re probably going to see them again. So, it’s that “beat a good team twice in the same year” thing. If we don’t figure out how to hold our temper, stop holding and false starts and jumping off sides, we won’t even be on the field with the G-men for very long. Enjoy it tonight. Forget it tomorrow. Improve and prepare for next week. One game at a time. And we FINALLY get to play at Home. 
I’ve got to ask this. Maybe some of you Indians can answer it. How many more interceptions (especially the end zone) does 0 have to throw before he will give someone else a chance? I saw him pull Maupin against Asheville after some of the worst play calling I’ve ever seen. Run for 1. Run for -2. Put pressure on the QB to have to make a play. And you pull him and give the Hurd Kim the ball at the other teams 35 so he can throw a pick in the end zone. But, he gets a pass on that? His passing will be the death of you. If you won’t trust Maupin at least give a younger kid a chance to gain some experience and maybe spark the offense. Are the flashing lights really worth it?

I agree

I have watched DB play twice this season they are a solid football team except at QB the Hurd kid  is just terrible I have watched the Maupin  kid play sine he was 5 kid and spin the football no way he shouldn’t be the starter but I guess if your daddy pumps a ton of money in the program like the Hurd family does it’s pitiful tomorrow morning the whole staff at DB needs to resign and I would fire the athletic director Debusk also DB 

2 hours ago, Rackattack said:

I have watched DB play twice this season they are a solid football team except at QB the Hurd kid  is just terrible I have watched the Maupin  kid play sine he was 5 kid and spin the football no way he shouldn’t be the starter but I guess if your daddy pumps a ton of money in the program like the Hurd family does it’s pitiful tomorrow morning the whole staff at DB needs to resign and I would fire the athletic director Debusk also DB 

It’s that good ole boy system! If the new QB at SH can sling it, DB will be in trouble. J.C. should be out as coach. Can’t beat Science Hill & can’t beat the local 4A teams. And the same people that say Betsy is overrated won’t look n the mirror. Again…Betsy is 5-1 against the Hill over the last 6. The Tribe is 1-4 with this season’s game looming. According to coach C., The champion of the Tri-Cities is Betsy. We don’t want that. We have our eyes on a different prize. Now, all that’s left is dominating the rest of Region 1 and earning that home field throughout the playoffs. At least the band, the turf and the lights are nice. See you next season at the Bank. 

• Like 1

Reading back over the last couple of pages. I said it weeks ago, the winner of the Elizabethton vs Greeneville game will probably have to do it twice. I try to never call out a player because all these guys are just high school young men out there doing the best they can. It’s always on the coaches to prepare the team and play the best at each position. They are the ones who get paid to take the crap us fans throw out there and to be honest, they take a lot for the amount of money many of them get paid . Now if those coaches were making , say 9,000,000 plus a year, I’d expect something very special like I do against South Carolina tonight.