Stone Memorial @ Upperman

MidTNFan13

A bit early for this thread lol, but its certainly the most important game so far this season for both teams. Both are in the top 10 in AP poll, UHS at #2 and SM tied with Macon for #7. However I don't think Stone is as good as Macon nor do I think they're as good as their record indicates. unapproved website computer rankings place the U at #4, MC at #7 and SM at #10. They barely squeaked out wins against Cookeville, White, and DeKalb and I don't see them doing the same at Baxter. Unless the Bees have poor performance at Smith Co and White House I'm going with Upperman by 1-2 tds

• Like 1

On 9/27/2023 at 8:11 PM, BigMan101 said:

Did stone not outcoach upperman last year in that game? Clearly stone had their kids way better prepared than uppermans. There was no reason upperman shouldve lost that game 

Didn’t Florida lose to Tennessee last year?

What happened last year is meaningless since Stone lost a lot of players.

I think Putnam Co. wins this by 3 scores because Stone is not as good as last year. Personally I think DeKalb is probably better even though they lost to Stone. I think Trapp was still hobbled when they played.

16 hours ago, Khall555 said:

I think Putnam Co. wins this by 3 scores because Stone is not as good as last year. Personally I think DeKalb is probably better even though they lost to Stone. I think Trapp was still hobbled when they played.

Looking at Stones offense on paper I think they can score, but I have not personally seen them play. On paper I think it will be a close game and will come down to who can generate the most turnovers. Hoping for an Upperman win but thinking it may be a close contest. 

On 10/2/2023 at 6:20 PM, Khall555 said:

Didn’t Florida lose to Tennessee last year?

What happened last year is meaningless since Stone lost a lot of players.

Obviously last year is last year that guy just said that coaching would decide this game even though in my opinion Samber outcoached caine last year to win that game. I agree with you and think upperman will beat stone fairly easily and I think dekalb will matchup with them better and give them a better game. Dekalb is a better team then their record indicates 

1 hour ago, imakebigputts said:

Not sure if getting a lucky two point conversion is considered out coaching, but I see your point. I’ve seen both teams play a little this year and think U wins this one easy. 

The district will be 1 UHS, 2 Macon, 3 Stone and 4 DeKalb… crazy that White can’t seem to win with that QB

Stone won 2 Regional Games because of 2 point conversions and lost 1 last season. 3 of its games went down to the wire. Last year was wild.

DeKalb vs White is a “loser go home” game 

Edited by Khall555