Elizabethton’s HOSTS Northview Academy

BigDaddyDave

8 minutes ago, JMorton said:

2019 was a special time. 2020 we did the best with the restrictions that were in place. But that 2019 game was an absolute spectacle. The roar of that crowd before the game was insane. I’ve never been to a high school football game like that one. After the 2020 game it was more of a sense of relief than accomplishment. Defense of a title is a completely different ball game than chasing it. 

It will be hard to top that 2019 State Championship game and all the excitement leading up to the game.I will never forget that and my dad got to enjoy it as well.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JMorton said:

2019 was a special time. 2020 we did the best with the restrictions that were in place. But that 2019 game was an absolute spectacle. The roar of that crowd before the game was insane. I’ve never been to a high school football game like that one. After the 2020 game it was more of a sense of relief than accomplishment. Defense of a title is a completely different ball game than chasing it. 

Makes sense. I guess that’s why there we’re more people there to support Hampton than Betsy. I was trying to figure out WTF was going on. 

42 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Makes sense. I guess that’s why there we’re more people there to support Hampton than Betsy. I was trying to figure out WTF was going on. 

All championships are special in their own way. But I don’t think there is a feeling like that first one. The Tullahoma community brought that energy that we brought in 2019 cause it was their first one. If Hampton can do it in basketball again this year it will be special for sure, but it won’t feel like that first one. 

22 hours ago, lawnman said:

Not only that but there is people near me that has season tickets but never come.

That's what makes me mad. The waiting list is forever and you got people like that. Only times I ever sat home side was as a student. Other than that always visitor side

Edited by EHSTrack06

3 hours ago, lawnman said:

You have to realize just how special them times are and that it may never be that way again.

Oh i know how “special” was. So many losses in the Semis starting with Maryville in the rain at their place with Rider coaching his “Sons”. Up with the ball leading 13-10. Cyclones needed a 3rd an 4 to seal the game with less than 2mins left. They passed but came up a yard short. Punted. Maryville pulls a double pass trick play with under a minute to go inside their 20 to score and win 16-13. That was the State Championship Game because Maryville beat some team out West 56-3 in the Finals. So no Silver Ball Either. This scenario has played out multiple times with CAK and Alcoa. Betsy was clearly the 2nd best team every season. 
So i can see how the Fans who finally made it to the big game were obliviously excited and hungry for what had been denied for too long. And no help from the TSSAA. 

35 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Oh i know how “special” was. So many losses in the Semis starting with Maryville in the rain at their place with Rider coaching his “Sons”. Up with the ball leading 13-10. Cyclones needed a 3rd an 4 to seal the game with less than 2mins left. They passed but came up a yard short. Punted. Maryville pulls a double pass trick play with under a minute to go inside their 20 to score and win 16-13. That was the State Championship Game because Maryville beat some team out West 56-3 in the Finals. So no Silver Ball Either. This scenario has played out multiple times with CAK and Alcoa. Betsy was clearly the 2nd best team every season. 
So i can see how the Fans who finally made it to the big game were obliviously excited and hungry for what had been denied for too long. And no help from the TSSAA. 

I remember them as well and the Maryville loss was tough.

15 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Don’t forget, a lot of Betsy fans stayed to support Hampton too. That previous weekend was special for Carter County. We were, probably, the first county not named Blount or Knox to have multiple (3) teams HOSTING semifinal games. If Cloudland could have pulled it off, we’d had 3 teams from little ole Carter County in the Championship games. Not sure if that has ever been done in the modern era.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Don’t forget, a lot of Betsy fans stayed to support Hampton too. That previous weekend was special for Carter County. We were, probably, the first county not named Blount or Knox to have multiple (3) teams HOSTING semifinal games. If Cloudland could have pulled it off, we’d had 3 teams from little ole Carter County in the Championship games. Not sure if that has ever been done in the modern era.

Oh i was there too. . Hampton should have been tied at half. But just didn’t have athleticism of Westview. 

2 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Oh i was there too. . Hampton should have been tied at half. But just didn’t have athleticism of Westview. 

That QB was the real deal. Hampton was a one dimensional team. Once they figured out they were not able to really throw on them, they just loaded the box, stopped the run and dared them to try. It was still a great accomplishment for Hampton to be there. They played hard and tough. I think all Carter County teams are like that. They don’t mind to line up and play smash mouth football. Tough as nails. And 2nd place in football, followed up by a Championship in basketball tells me there are athletes and good coaches up there.