South Pittsburg vs Chattanooga prep. Will the Pirates keep rolling?

Geno

7 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

The 94 team did lose to the jailhouse. Where 07 was undefeated. 94 probably had a better D, while 07 had a better O. Opposing team records are almost exactly the same.

Toss up - my nod goes to 07, because some idiot wearing purple can't say "yea, y'all were champions, but you lost to us."

Yep - I still don't like Jasper.

The 07 Jasper Team didn’t have Eric Westmorland either

2 minutes ago, TheBlueprint said:

Don’t know how many yards but yes he ran all over us. Gordonsville QB that year was #6 Chaz Smith. RB was big #12 Cody Woodmore

31-21 was the final score I believe

the 09 game between was even worse. We scored early to go up 7-0 on a long run. And it was all Pirates after that

09, 10, 11 were all fun games to be a part of no doubt about it. Enjoyed playing ova Dere at your place! 

Just now, BigCornbread said:

09, 10, 11 were all fun games to be a part of no doubt about it. Enjoyed playing ova Dere at your place! 

2012 was a pretty dang good one too. Came down to a failed 2 pt conversion after a 90 yard TD drive

One of the biggest ever crowds I can remember seeing at our place. Standing 2/3 deep on the fence all the way around. The Jungle was rocking that night 

Just now, TheBlueprint said:

2012 was a pretty dang good one too. Came down to a failed 2 pt conversion after a 90 yard TD drive

One of the biggest ever crowds I can remember seeing at our place. Standing 2/3 deep on the fence all the way around. The Jungle was rocking that night 

I was gone by den but I remember dat one too

Just now, BigCornbread said:

I was gone by den but I remember dat one too

Crazy to think we won the state championship that year and almost got bounced in round 2. Goes to show even on a “down” year for SP they are still a hard team to beat!!! & it was a home game for us! If we were playing at the Beene we might have been watching SP play for another gold ball in 12

4 minutes ago, TheBlueprint said:

Crazy to think we won the state championship that year and almost got bounced in round 2. Goes to show even on a “down” year for SP they are still a hard team to beat!!! & it was a home game for us! If we were playing at the Beene we might have been watching SP play for another gold ball in 12

Wasn’t that back when everyone played together in the regular season? We finished second several years back then because we had Signal in our region but with a 4A enrollment. That sucked….I didn’t make it to the 12 game. I remember thinking it shouldn’t be much of a game and SP would get drilled. 

2 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

Wasn’t that back when everyone played together in the regular season? We finished second several years back then because we had Signal in our region but with a 4A enrollment. That sucked….I didn’t make it to the 12 game. I remember thinking it shouldn’t be much of a game and SP would get drilled. 

I believe that was when 1A/2A played in districts together and then split 2 ways for the playoffs. 3A/4A and 5A/6A did the same. Also before all the private schools went to their own classification

Cant exactly remember how that system worked though

8 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

As for the game, I think a lot of the game being close was a mental hurdle for our kids

That group of seniors had been told since about 5th/6th grade that they were going to win a state title and after being beaten by you guys their first 3 years, I think we were slightly intimidated with South Pittsburg written across your guys chest. If you just match up the jimmy’s and Joe’s, that game probably should not have been anywhere near as close as it was

Edited by TheBlueprint

37 minutes ago, TheBlueprint said:

As for the game, I think a lot of the game being close was a mental hurdle for our kids

That group of seniors had been told since about 5th/6th grade that they were going to win a state title and after being beaten by you guys their first 3 years, I think we were slightly intimidated with South Pittsburg written across your guys chest. If you just match up the jimmy’s and Joe’s, that game probably should not have been anywhere near as close as it was

SP graduated nearly 20 seniors da year before dat and it was just y’all’s turn to make dat run! Gville vs SP always has a nostalgic feel but especially 2000s and 2010s