Franklin coach dismissed. Unbelievable!!

runtheball

1 minute ago, blitzinbuc said:

“Alex is a great guy, and a good coach,” Principal Pantall said Monday.

If the Principal really meant what he said, why wouldn't he allow Alex to finish out the season? 

No kidding, I wondered the same thing.   That sounds like a statement HR & Legal told him to make

10 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Not sure what that means, I was thinking more along the lines of lack of quality players, players who are just lazy and don't put much into it, lack of assistant coaching support, lack of parental/community support, stuff like that.          Not saying any of the preceeding list is true, just some possibilities.

Genetics equals not very talented. If they were they would be winning. Nothing wrong with not having a lot of talent. Most every school has experienced up and down talent. Just most admin today do not know enough about that  and make decisions for the wrong reasons. Zoning can be a big factor.

Edited by runtheball

10 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

No kidding, I wondered the same thing.   That sounds like a statement HR & Legal told him to make

Yeah, those statements ring hollow when he did what he did to the coach. 
Principals usually do things like that when they don't have the fortitude to stand up to outside pressure. I could understand if the Principal told the coach after last season that he'd give him one more season to show improvement by whatever metric he chose, but to dismiss him after 7 games is just ridiculous based on the won-loss record alone. 

Just now, ILB1999 said:

in three seasons, a great coach could at least develop a few players to get a couple wins...

That is your opinion. If your opponent has better players it will not matter. Be interesting to see how many Franklin players would be starting at the other schools they are playing.. If not many then they won't win against them. And the Franklin players are better in 3 years but the other schools are  getting better also.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, runtheball said:

That is your opinion. If your opponent has better players it will not matter. Be interesting to see how many Franklin players would be starting at the other schools they are playing.. If not many then they won't win against them. And the Franklin players are better in 3 years but the other schools are  getting better also.

haha i guess if this is a true, a coach always has an excuse.

9 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

haha i guess if this is a true, a coach always has an excuse.

Not an excuse ,just the true facts. Talent trumps coaching everyday at every level of play. This coach is not saying the talent is down and probably coaching hard to help his kids win. Coaches most times will take the blame because they are loyal to the players. This young man is not the first coach to be coaching in a tough job. I respect the coaches that are coaching in what is some no win situations but they are coaching kids in a lot more than just football. I would dare say that no one in admin has seen a practice or even know if improvement is being made. You are forgetting that Williamson County is one of the toughest regions in football. I would bet that zoning has a big impact on talent at franklin.

Edited by runtheball
  • Like 1