Jeff Co vs Farragut (Thursday)

1OldPatriot

3 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

I have never seen such a collapse of a football team from the start to the end of the game….

They started off the season pretty good too; first 2 games then played West good. Then fell off the cliff. You would think they have a lot of injuries without good backups. But I have not seen any proof 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

#74 was dominant on both sides of the field. Of course, you can’t miss him I mean he was bigger than almost everyone on the Jefferson County line on both sides, but good Lord, he was manhandling some people.

He has several D1 offers, including Ole Miss and Michigan. He is only a JR

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Ok I had no idea and did not follow but assumed they were good. I remember playing against Bates and they really had good team then and I believe fair afterwards for a while I think. 

Prior to their state title run in 2016 (their lone title game appearance), I would argue that Farragut was one of those teams that was consistently good, but never great. Also didn't hurt that their lone title in 2016 came during a 2-year period when they were bumped down to 5A, which I think was the only time in the classification era when Farragut didn't play in the largest division.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

They started off the season pretty good too; first 2 games then played West good. Then fell off the cliff. You would think they have a lot of injuries without good backups. But I have not seen any proof 

I think they are a decent team that has a brutal schedule. They are fundamentally sound, but they don't have many playmakers. Their style of play has kept them in a lot of games, but they just don't have the horses to overcome the talent gap versus teams like Bearden, West, Bradley, OR, and others. Heck, it took a couple of miraculous plays to come away with Ws those first two weeks against DB and Powell. I would also argue that they were fortunate to catch both Powell and West (and DB) early.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

I think they are a decent team that has a brutal schedule. They are fundamentally sound, but they don't have many playmakers. Their style of play has kept them in a lot of games, but they just don't have the horses to overcome the talent gap versus teams like Bearden, West, Bradley, OR, and others. Heck, it took a couple of miraculous plays to come away with Ws those first two weeks against DB and Powell. I would also argue that they were fortunate to catch both Powell and West (and DB) early.

I see. Well at least it's not a weak conference. 

1 hour ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Their schedule is really hard. Beat DB and Powell. Now have lost to West (6-1), Bradley (7-0), Cleveland, OR (6-1), Beardan and JC (7-1). Not easy for any team. I was shocked at their lack of discipline though. Coach C usually has a tighter rein on the team.

Yeah they did get chippy at least one player did. I thought for sure he would be ejected after the 2nd offence but it was two different calls. There QB may be good but I didn't see a lot of potential. He's tall and he may have just had a bad night. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

7 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yeah they did get chippy at least one player did. I thought for sure he would be ejected after the 2nd offence but it was two different calls. There QB may be good but I didn't see a lot of potential. He's tall and he may have just had a bad night. 

I don’t think he is near as good as the last few they have had. I thought they were pretty good up front on offense but didn’t run it enough. Just my thought

12 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Accurate, across the board they don't have enough in football to sustain success...Jack Alley and Davila are as good as anyone. Big fall off after that. They have a year where they put it all together and make a good run like the state year and a few years ago when they had Matt White who somehow made them competitive in games they should not have been . 

6 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Accurate, across the board they don't have enough in football to sustain success...Jack Alley and Davila are as good as anyone. Big fall off after that. They have a year where they put it all together and make a good run like the state year and a few years ago when they had Matt White who somehow made them competitive in games they should not have been . 

Actually Collins as good as Davila at receiver they just don’t play him enough at receiver. He was the reason they stayed in the game at West. He never played one snap at receiver against Bearden but did run a blocked punt back for a td. They have the best two receivers they just don’t know how to use them