Jeff Co vs Farragut (Thursday)

1OldPatriot

JC will travel to Farragut on Thursday (at least I won’t have to listen to Austin Price). Both teams have lost to OR and beat Dobyns Bennett. I was shocked at the score of the OR -Farragut game last week. I know Coach Courtney will have them focused this week (no finer human than Eddie C). Both teams on fall break, so it is a Forrest Gump game (never sure what you are going to get).

On 10/7/2023 at 6:14 PM, 1OldPatriot said:

JC will travel to Farragut on Thursday (at least I won’t have to listen to Austin Price). Both teams have lost to OR and beat Dobyns Bennett. I was shocked at the score of the OR -Farragut game last week. I know Coach Courtney will have them focused this week (no finer human than Eddie C). Both teams on fall break, so it is a Forrest Gump game (never sure what you are going to get).

Well, the Farragut fans didn't show up, but the team did.

24 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

How long has it been since Farragut has a losing season like this one? 

They had a few losing seasons in the early 2010s, including a 3-win campaign in 2012. I'd have to go back and look, but Eddie Courtney also had some pretty lean teams early in his Farragut tenure.

If not for two fortunate plays at the end of the DB and Powell games, they'd be winless.

Edited by osunut2

40 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

They had a few losing seasons in the early 2010s, including a 3-win campaign in 2012. I'd have to go back and look, but Eddie Courtney also had some pretty lean teams early in his Farragut tenure.

If not for two fortunate plays at the end of the DB and Powell games, they'd be winless.

Ok I had no idea and did not follow but assumed they were good. I remember playing against Bates and they really had good team then and I believe fair afterwards for a while I think. 

10 minutes ago, 1OldPatriot said:

Farr scored on first 2 drives (fake punt was nice), then nothing. JC got rolling a little bit. Good game by Mills (4). Nic Moore (74) is an issue

#74 was dominant on both sides of the field. Of course, you can’t miss him I mean he was bigger than almost everyone on the Jefferson County line on both sides, but good Lord, he was manhandling some people.