Forrest beats Cascade

inglewood

Forrest evened out their district record by beating Cascade tonight. Cascade jumped out to a 19-2 lead early, but the Lady Rockets never gave up, and came back for the win. Junior Kori Knight scored 18 points and also pulled down 9 rebounds to lead Forrest. Julie Jones had a strong game in the post for the Rockets with 12 points and 11 boards. Caroline Wilson had a nice game with 9 points, while sophmore point gaurd Whitworth had 6 points and 3 rebounds. Tyler Housch rounded out the Forrest scoring with 4 points and also added 6 rebounds. The Lady Rockets are now 2-2 on the season and 1-1 in 11A.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 2005Chs

Umm forrest would have never beat cascade without the help of the refs. You can ask other teams that were there watching the game . IT's pretty hard to play against 8 people when there's only 5 of the other team.The refs were the reason cascade lost no matter what you say inglewood. Maybe next time they play each other there won't be sorry refing. and Forrest WILL go down. :D

Heard some of the game and sounded good. Wish I could have seen the view. A win is a win and a loss is a loss. To the Looking for excuses in all the wrong places, spend more time in the gym! :D

ummm. rooter, i don't think u should say something like that cause cascade does spend alot of time in the gym because they have so many hurt players. and for u to say that u must not know what it feels like to have 6 players. but i think the cascade lady champs have stepped up to their challenge and have done really well havin been put in the position they have been put in. and when they get their hurt players back, they will be able to beat anyone with or without the refs help. Go Lady Champs :)

Cascade has some hurt players and only have 6 girls and that is a huge hurdle to overcome. but that is just the way it is and they have to deal with it. They didn't lose because of the refs, they lost because they had a couple of girls that couldn't maintain focus and started making dumb mistakes when Forrest started to come back and put pressure on them. Instead of getting mad and acting the fool they should have played the game. They have talent and will be a threat when they get back to full strength. But putting blame on the refs just hides a weakness the coach should address.

Cascade has some hurt players and only have 6 girls and that is a huge hurdle to overcome. but that is just the way it is and they have to deal with it. They didn't lose because of the refs, they lost because they had a couple of girls that couldn't maintain focus and started making dumb mistakes when Forrest started to come back and put pressure on them. Instead of getting mad and acting the fool they should have played the game. They have talent and will be a threat when they get back to full strength. But putting blame on the refs just hides a weakness the coach should address.

Your pointing the fingers in the wrong places. I was at the game, the refereeing were not the problem. Is it too far fetched to think that maybe Cascade fouled more than Forrest? It has been known to happen. I hate people that make excuses, it sounds pitiful. Is it Forrest's fault that Cascade only had 6 players? What did you want them to do, forfeit the game? Lifes not fair, the sooner you learn the better. I commend Cascade on playing hard with only 6 players, but the reality is our 5 beat your 5, so quit looking for excuses and get in the gym.

"The secret of success is knowing whom to blame for your failure."

--E. L. Kersten

"Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure."

--Unknown

[Edited by inglewood on 12-8-02 8:04P]

Inglewood, I've read many of your posts, especially last year's and all I ever come out of your's was excusses when Forrest lost like the time you said Cascade didn't have regulation sized rims?!? Well, if that was the case for ya'll maybe you should get in the gym. We'll see you at Cascade.

Inglewood, you can't tell anyone to quit making excuses. Just because last year is the time everyone remembers you making excuses doesn't change the fact that you did. You have to know the refs were horrible if you were at the game. No that is not why Cascade lost, but it was a factor. Cascade should have never let Forrest back from the 19-2 lead they had. Maybe next time they won't. By the way, you make excuses, so don't tell anyone else not to. I was not using it as an excuse...only a factor. When two of Cascade's post defenders have 3+ fouls in the 1st half it is very hard to play defense the way they wanted to.