D2 Week 9

ReitzFan

What are your thoughts on this weeks D2 games? I know many D 2 teams have a bye this week. For me, D2A has this weeks most interesting  matchup as #5 Trinity Christian makes the trip west to Memphis to take on #4 FACS. TCA won last year's encounter 48-13 in Memphis. TCA is almost exactly 50/50 run v pass while FACS is around 75/25 towards the run. TCA has to be favored through the air. Running the ball, FACS #1 is a blazer who has rushed for 997 this year. TCA #1 rushed for over 300 as a freshman last year and has over 800 yards so far this year. FACS is hungry and is sporting their best record in years. TCA has a new coach who has instilled real physicality in the Lions. Playoff seeding is at stake and this looks to be a very entertaining game. Worthy Road Studios  will have a free live stream of this game on Friday at 6:30 central time. The broadcast link is  https://www.facebook.com/TrinityChristianLions .

IN D2 AA, ECS travels to Jackson to take on USJ. The winner of this game will most likely finish 3rd and get a home first round playoff game.

What other games are worthy of discussion?

Edited by ReitzFan

i just think facs plays possibly the weakest schedule in the state. should be a good game though and I think close. im taking tca with their balance and ability to mix it up. 

this week doesnt have a lot of great matchups. 

LA at catlick

CBHS at MUS is a big one locally, MUS is tough on defense and see them winning by 3 scores.

4 hours ago, ChatterBox99 said:

i just think facs plays possibly the weakest schedule in the state. should be a good game though and I think close. im taking tca with their balance and ability to mix it up. 

this week doesnt have a lot of great matchups. 

LA at catlick

CBHS at MUS is a big one locally, MUS is tough on defense and see them winning by 3 scores.

Outside of JCS and TCA, I'd agree with your assessment of  the FACS schedule to date

14 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

What are your thoughts on this weeks D2 games? I know many D 2 teams have a bye this week. For me, D2A has this weeks most interesting  matchup as #5 Trinity Christian makes the trip west to Memphis to take on #4 FACS. TCA won last year's encounter 48-13 in Memphis. TCA is almost exactly 50/50 run v pass while FACS is around 75/25 towards the run. TCA has to be favored through the air. Running the ball, FACS #1 is a blazer who has rushed for 997 this year. TCA #1 rushed for over 300 as a freshman last year and has over 800 yards so far this year. FACS is hungry and is sporting their best record in years. TCA has a new coach who has instilled real physicality in the Lions. Playoff seeding is at stake and this looks to be a very entertaining game. Worthy Road Studios  will have a free live stream of this game on Friday at 6:30 central time. The broadcast link is  https://www.facebook.com/TrinityChristianLions .

IN D2 AA, ECS travels to Jackson to take on USJ. The winner of this game will most likely finish 3rd and get a home first round playoff game.

What other games are worthy of discussion?

Your fellers should win this week. Our folks have the long ride to TKA, our starting RB is still out, but should be able to pull out a win.

TCA 56 FACS 35

Lekhy Thompkins, 5 touchdowns (2 rec, 3 run)unofficially 310 rush, 70 receiving

Nick Jones 1 td reception 

Braden Waller 2 td receptions

Cooper Vailes 5 td passes 178 yards unofficially

Link to game replay:

https://fb.watch/nGc2OtlrIw/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Trinity Christian unofficially had 610 yards total offense with 432 rush 178 pass

FACS defense had given up 66 total points going  into TCA game. TCA drops 56 on FACS

Edited by ReitzFan

2 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

TCA 56 FACS 35

Link to game replay:

Trinity Christian unofficially had 610 yards total offense with 432 rush 178 pass

FACS defense had given up 66 total points going  into TCA game. TCA drops 56 on FACS

Nice win!

7 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

TCA 56 FACS 35

Link to game replay:

The TCA/JCS game is looking like it will be potentially a great one. Can JCS slow down Thompkins and can TCA slow down Mosley???