Moore Co. Raiders @ Forrest Rockets Oct. 20th

RaiderzFan

52 minutes ago, Salem said:

One week after wrapping up Region 5-1A Moore County moved to 3-0 in Region 4-2A. 

I attended two home games this season at the Rock. Cornersville & Senior Night.  What should have been a passionate, fired up crowd for a decades-old rivalry had the feeling of a late July scrimmage on a practice field somewhere that started before most parents got off work. There was more emotion at the district cross country race at Horton Park a few weeks ago than at this Senior Night football game. Forrest played the part of Mike Tyson's sparring partner for 3 quarters. Our players never really backed down and had some big hits. There were a few glimpses of athletic ability making something out of absolutely nothing on offense. But by halftime you could tell there's not much enjoyment in this job and everyone knew how this movie was ending. 

This is the part where I highlight a few players and critique the game but why bother. Does pointing out multiple miscues or getting frustrated with an offense that tips the play by formation on 4 out of 5 plays do any good? Nope. Best of luck to Moore County. Much more physical version than we faced in 2020-2022. I hope to watch you play in Chattanooga in a few weeks. 

12 not being coached to get the ball out of bounds near the end of the 1st half with time expiring, our typical 1 time out remaining, and a bazillion yard field goal attempt that had no chance shouldve resulted in Coach Eli resigning over the PA at halftime. 

another thing, and this is infuriating, he has shot the confidence of one of the best kickers in 2A the last 2 seasons with his (Coach Eli's) absolute asinine mis management of him, when to use him, how to protect on points and FGs etc. it's blasphemous

1 hour ago, FootballFanatic12345 said:

Yeah I am a Loretto guy lol. Was trying to stay neutral didn’t want people thinking I was only here while we are being successful.

It is awesome to see how we have turned it around. Just took a good coaching change and this group of seniors is really talented and have had to play since they were freshman. It’s been very exciting.

a Loretto guy? What was all that talk about Wartrace in October?  I had you pegged as a Cascade coach- but perhaps you just happened to meet Peggy Bender on one of your road trips to The Stable...

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

12 not being coached to get the ball out of bounds near the end of the 1st half with time expiring, our typical 1 time out remaining, and a bazillion yard field goal attempt that had no chance 

First drive got us to 1st and G at the 10. 1st down was a QB keep for loss of 2. Run left to #4 for no gain and desperation heave to endzone. FG on 4th down. #1, 6, 22, and 25 didn't touch it on those 4 plays.

The "two minute" drive. We had a 1st and 10 at the MC 20 with 1:14 and one TO. Our 5th and 6th graders could run 5-6 plays in that situation. We have the QB run you mention and take an illegal procedure with 20 seconds left on 2nd down.  Ball was snapped with 15 secs on next play. In 64 secs we ran 2 plays and lost 7 yards. One more incompletion and we try a rushed 44 yd FG with 5 seconds left with a timeout in our pocket. 

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

another thing, and this is infuriating, he has shot the confidence of one of the best kickers in 2A the last 2 seasons with his (Coach Eli's) absolute asinine mis management of him, when to use him, how to protect on points and FGs etc. it's blasphemous

Can't disagree with that. That's a snapshot of the entire program. We have a kicker who's as good as anyone in 2A and extra points are an adventure. I would recommend going for 2 but we don't have any 2 point plays. It's become a pleasant surprise when we have a good snap, hold, blocking, and a kick. What other team trots their kicker out there to attempt 60 yd FGs in the hopes of getting a touchback? Special teams is yet another aspect that looked bad in week 1 and nothing has changed.

On 10/21/2023 at 1:00 PM, FootballFanatic12345 said:

Most definitely time for change. Eli and co seriously do not give these kids a chance. He also treats them horribly. I feel for these kids, high school football should be super fun but I don’t see how it can be for these kids.

not "and co." i think one middle school coach is there. hes great i think. theres other people no one seems to know who they are. parents or just random people..but keep the middle school guys. oh yeah and daughrity. keep him too