Moore Co. Raiders @ Forrest Rockets Oct. 20th

RaiderzFan

17 hours ago, chrisburr said:

77-0 Raiders (Mercy Rule)

Moore County could win state

Forrest is a goner in Round 1 of the Playoffs (Even if the opponent is Trousdale Co.)

Is this a parody account? Hopefully, no one took the time to sign up for a high school football forum in Tennessee  with so little knowledge about high school football in Tennessee. 

17 hours ago, FootballFanatic12345 said:

They only talk when Forrest is winning or if they can bash the coach.

We both try to discuss coaching decisions (good and bad) and good play from our players. With no one on staff promoting players or even providing stats, GenF and I are one of the few sources for our players to get any public praise. If you don't want honest critiques of our program block both of us. Our defensive coaches were praised in 2021 and some games this season. Same coaches were not very good in 2022 and had poor game plans against Cascade & Gordonsville.

I would love to come on here every week talking about great game plans, execution, discipline, and adjustments but the truth is Forrest was 3-7 last season and likely 4-7 this season. Over the last 8-9 seasons based on roster and schedule,  8-2 or possibly 7-3 should be the absolute worst regular season record. This year we have wins over a 0 win Community, a 2 win Cannon Co,  1A Cornersville, and a mediocre WHH without their best player. Define bash. 

i think moore will score at will. i think forrest will score in garbage time. i think there will be pockets of effort, as there usually is, but it wont last because as soon as coach eli has to get involved it will be horrible. just getting a play off in time is an mt everest climb. that should be our tag line.  48-9 Moore 

if i could bottle the forrest effort for almost 3 quarters against marion, it wouldve led to wins over watertown  and cascade, also wouldve had this team at 6-1, maybe 7-0 in the 3rd quarter. during that marion game the talent decided to break free from the awful coaching and was whipping marion decisively. then coaching entered into it and they lost by multiple scores.

coaching matters. and people who say it doesnt are some of the dumbest people alive. the middle school coaches mercy rule teams for THREE straight championships and 23 straight wins- those kids get to high school and half of them quit. the ones who dont suddenly struggle to go .500. it makes zero sense UNLESS its coaching.  

heupel at UT is another example. look at what he does in year 2 IN THE SEC. UT stomached dooley, jones, and pruitt and there were MANY fighting to keep them. there are always complete idiots who will defend ANY coach. thats why programs wait 1-2 or even 5 years too long to get rid of one who is awful. the stadium has to be halfway burnt to the ground for something to happen TOO OFTEN. 

any of you imbeciles whining about my coach comments, TRADE WITH US. would you? if not, then shut it. 

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

i think moore will score at will. i think forrest will score in garbage time. i think there will be pockets of effort, as there usually is, but it wont last because as soon as coach eli has to get involved it will be horrible. just getting a play off in time is an mt everest climb. that should be our tag line.  48-9 Moore 

if i could bottle the forrest effort for almost 3 quarters against marion, it wouldve led to wins over watertown  and cascade, also wouldve had this team at 6-1, maybe 7-0 in the 3rd quarter. during that marion game the talent decided to break free from the awful coaching and was whipping marion decisively. then coaching entered into it and they lost by multiple scores.

coaching matters. and people who say it doesnt are some of the dumbest people alive. the middle school coaches mercy rule teams for THREE straight championships and 23 straight wins- those kids get to high school and half of them quit. the ones who dont suddenly struggle to go .500. it makes zero sense UNLESS its coaching.  

heupel at UT is another example. look at what he does in year 2 IN THE SEC. UT stomached dooley, jones, and pruitt and there were MANY fighting to keep them. there are always complete idiots who will defend ANY coach. thats why programs wait 1-2 or even 5 years too long to get rid of one who is awful. the stadium has to be halfway burnt to the ground for something to happen TOO OFTEN. 

any of you imbeciles whining about my coach comments, TRADE WITH US. would you? if not, then shut it. 

I wouldn't put the blame on coaching in the Marion game. That one was on the kids. Way too many unsportsmanlike penalties. After talking with a few players I can understand why the refs threw the flags they did. Don't say those things right in front of a referee. The Rockets played well enough to win. Marion was as flat as I've ever seen them and didn't play well at all. Don't get me wrong, Forrest had a lot to do with that but if Marion plays like they did in the playoffs it's a 1 and done.

38 minutes ago, CoyDillard said:

I wouldn't put the blame on coaching in the Marion game. That one was on the kids. Way too many unsportsmanlike penalties. After talking with a few players I can understand why the refs threw the flags they did. Don't say those things right in front of a referee. The Rockets played well enough to win. Marion was as flat as I've ever seen them and didn't play well at all. Don't get me wrong, Forrest had a lot to do with that but if Marion plays like they did in the playoffs it's a 1 and done.

If they're out there cussing that's unacceptable and a reflection on the state of the program. Did you play high school football? Ask yourself if you had gotten penalties that hurt your team would you be playing week after week? Forrest had 300 yards in penalties in region games against Cannon and Marion. Penalties ended the game tying or winning drive at Cascade. At what point do you blame the coach when a team continuously loses games because of unsportsmanlikes, holdings, and false starts?

1 hour ago, CoyDillard said:

the kids got flagged for profanity in the pileups. guess where they learnt that. their coach. when you get screamed at and cussed at all week, dont be surprised when it comes out on fridays. do they know better? yes. do you know better than to do some of the things you do? also yes. 

10 minutes ago, Salem said:

If they're out there cussing that's unacceptable and a reflection on the state of the program. Did you play high school football? Ask yourself if you had gotten penalties that hurt your team would you be playing week after week? Forrest had 300 yards in penalties in region games against Cannon and Marion. Penalties ended the game tying or winning drive at Cascade. At what point do you blame the coach when a team continuously loses games because of unsportsmanlikes, holdings, and false starts?

boom.

and i think @CoyDillard is a respectable poster. he's just wrong on this. these forrest kids are begging for real leadership and direction. it take 7 minutes to run a play in. they have every right to be frustrated. we had the talent to win this dang region and instead its gonna be 4-7 and losing our last 6. 

i honestly had to laugh when i heard @TCSports1, who i love, say these middle school kids were gonna do great in high school. heres the real scoop- half of them wont play if coach eli is still there. and i dont blame them. 

can u imagine, and i dont know these people from adam before some asks, but can you imagine being a parent of a bell, a fields or a grissom watching this keystone cop headcoach week after week. we are lucky they dont pull their kids off the field. and if you dont like this commentary then step up and say youd trade coaches with us. because you wouldn't. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Salem said:

You guys obviously know the program better than the outsiders. You're right, a lot of times your actions are a reflection of the environment you're in weekly, monthly, etc...

I realize it's frustrating when you believe your kids are better than what the record shows. All I'm saying is sometimes you have to hold your brothers accountable. The leaders on the team need to step in and stop some of the flags. 

I really do hope the Rockets get the ship headed in the right direction. I do believe you have some good athletes and in time everything will work itself out.

4 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

coaching matters.

Programs wait 1-2 or even 5 years too long to get rid of one who is awful. the stadium has to be halfway burnt to the ground for something to happen TOO OFTEN. 

Allow me to go off topic for a sec because you hit the nail on the head when it comes to... MTSU football!

On my way to Floyd Stadium with the kerosene. Thanks for the advice General! 

Hoping there is a CoachT bail money fund somewhere. lol

Back to talking high school, I'm not a Chapel Hill guy but hope Eli goes. I've competed against the Rockets (many moons ago) and this isn't what Forrest is. They were ALWAYS a tough out, and I'm ready for them to get back to their old ways. Good luck!