Mcminn Central Chargers vs Tellico Plains bears

RichyRich

4 hours ago, Blue222 said:

Defense was pathetic  and has been several games now. Offense is rolling so don’t include them in pathetic statement.  Luckily we can score from anywhere at any time.  However, I agree with playoff outlook. If we come across a team that can play defense we are in trouble . 

I was really surprised that Tellico scored 38 points on you guys. Definitely need to improve on defense or the playoffs could be one and done.

5 hours ago, Blue222 said:

Defense was pathetic  and has been several games now. Offense is rolling so don’t include them in pathetic statement.  Luckily we can score from anywhere at any time.  However, I agree with playoff outlook. If we come across a team that can play defense we are in trouble . 

Tellico outscored them at first 14-18 I wouldn't say that that's from anywhere at anytime. I'm a central fan too I'm just being  realistic after last night  I'm not sure they'll beat Chattanooga Central if they keep playing this way. 

1 hour ago, RichyRich said:

Tellico outscored them at first 14-18 I wouldn't say that that's from anywhere at anytime. I'm a central fan too I'm just being  realistic after last night  I'm not sure they'll beat Chattanooga Central if they keep playing this way. 

I saw a lot of young helments out there defensively for the Chargers in the 2nd half.  Offense was just not in rythmn first quarter and somewhat of 2nd.  Tellico did a great job.

11 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I was told by a co-worker that Central mostly only played starters the first quarter and at the end of the game when they wanted to stop Tellico from getting close to tieing it up. 

Well, he lied lol. Starters played until 8 minutes left and the offense never subbed young guys. 

Edited by catchnburn

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

He has a kid on the team, so I figured he would know lol. 

May be trying to make it sound a little better than it was. I was mad we weren't putting starters back in on defense to stop the run at the end.  A bounce here or there and Tellico would have made a 20pt comeback in 8 minutes. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, catchnburn said:

May be trying to make it sound a little better than it was. I was mad we weren't putting starters back in on defense to stop the run at the end.  A bounce here or there and Tellico would have made a 20pt comeback in 8 minutes. 

Imagine that's what it was, I love central its my team along with the cherokees but I don't understand why people get upset when I am critical over a team I support. They've played pretty good all year besides last night and against signal mountain.

9 hours ago, RichyRich said:

SMH!!! I  I guess the first quarter is all that matters then?  The other three don’t count?  Once again I agree with you the defense is awful but the offense is legit.