H20 vs Macon

biggest

7 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Here is the thing folks can't comprehend. Putnam is split into 3 bus zones. West Putnam-Upperman, Central Putnam-Cookeville, East Putnam-Montery. So the fact Baxter has 1600 residents or not, Upperman is a west Putnam bus zoned school. That is literally from Buffalo Valley to almost Willow Ave. Only a fraction of the students are "from Baxter" city limits. Now let say a county like Macon, in general numbets, built RBS a new bigger school on the west side of thier city limits. Enrollment jumps from 180 to 450. Macon drops from 930 to say 680. And say, Macon sports programs continue to thrive, RBS does not. So the say the same  team MCHS  has now, is playing in 3a. That's the basic math of what's happening. Better programs draw atheltes in open zoned systems, which is 80% of all schools in Tennessee. You build it, they will come. 

But, what is the solution? Go from 9 playoff brackets to 12? Cancel all school choice within all counties over sports? Special multipliers? Give rual counties 7 point advantage to start games?  Back in the day, you had 3 divisions. 3 champions. Teams like Macon were in same division as teams from Smith County up to teams like Springfield. Folks lined up and played ball. What is the solution for all the cry babies so they feel completely equal and not disadvantaged? Pointing out a problem without a solution is simple being a crybaby, not a problem solver. 

#1 A lot of people deny what is happening and like to call others “cry babies” (FYI you are not one of them(

#2 In Upperman’s best season ever they lost to Alcoa who is the very definition of packing a roster. Guess what the biggest gripe out of little ole Baxter was? Why complain when others beat you doing the same thing?

#3 the solution is pretty easy all teams must report how many players on the roster are out of zone. Only 5 will be eligible to play varsity football (2 in basketball). Playing any ineligible player in a game will be a forfeit and not reporting out of zone players is a 2 year postseason ban. If a team wants to play at a higher classification then more players become eligible. 

Edited by Khall555

2 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Then is it safe to say that when the D was playing lights out a few years ago… it was more about Jimmy and Joes than Hackett?

I’m not trying to stir the pot here, but you can’t have it both ways. 

When H2O was playing it’s best defense all that everyone kept saying is that Hackett was a defensive genius and not much said about the kids playing D.

Now that our defense is horrible… it’s because the kids are not good enough and none of it rides on Hackett?

Hackett is a good DC. However, those dudes you guys had for several years made him look like Bear Bryant. Good players make coaches look better than they are and not so good players make coaches look worse than they are.

That’s every coach, not just throwing shade at H2O. That’s why you see coaches leave when they see the writing on the wall. They aren’t going to stick around for the talent run out. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Watertown is unfortunately growing. More and more farmland being sold. However, most Watertown people do not want it to grow. Most want to keep it a small town. It's what makes Watertown different from the rest of Wilson county. 

See no growth out there at all . unlike the rest of wilson. i actually have been saying this since the Seath Price and Luke Turner days 

9 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Hackett is a good DC. However, those dudes you guys had for several years made him look like Bear Bryant. Good players make coaches look better than they are and not so good players make coaches look worse than they are.

That’s every coach, not just throwing shade at H2O. That’s why you see coaches leave when they see the writing on the wall. They aren’t going to stick around for the talent run out. 

Spot on…. But a really good coach will make the lesser talent look better than they are as same as the really good talent will make a average coach look really good!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ReallyREAL said:

Easier to gamplan and scheme when you have the right type of dudes

Spot on… but typically when you see numerous penalties, missed tackles, etc… that’s on the coaches.

Listen… I think Hackett has done a really good job at H2O and I know the talent is down.

I just don’t think it’s right to pin all the issues you’ve seen this year on the kids. 

10 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Spot on… but typically when you see numerous penalties, missed tackles, etc… that’s on the coaches.

Listen… I think Hackett has done a really good job at H2O and I know the talent is down.

I just don’t think it’s right to pin all the issues you’ve seen this year on the kids. 

Hackett doesn't play.. his job is to put kids in position to make plays.  and it's their job to make plays . A few simply didn't do that from I saw last night.   

Edited by ReallyREAL
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

So you haven't seen the townhouses that were built on Sparta pike or the apartments by the school or all the houses being built within 5 or so miles of watertown? The town can't grow, but the surrounding area is. Why do you think watertown is now 3a instead of 2a. Growth.

4 door units are not  enough. they need about 50-100 doors  out there. doesn't have be like west or north wilson. until then there will be more looong nights in south east wilson

Edited by ReallyREAL