5A Region 2 Championship - Powell @ West

WestHigh4Life

8 minutes ago, footballknox said:

Osunut2....what did I do to you? I never argued that anyone was right or wrong?  Yes, I think Powell has a lot of potential.  Sorry that I brought up some things I saw during the game.  Obviously, watching from the stands and from the television give different insights.  I never meant to ruffle any feathers.  I appreciate everyone's insight and views of the game.  Once other points were brought up, I saw how things might not have been as they appeared.  I am sorry that I fully support my team. 

I assumed he was referring to your take on the game last night, and I certainly wasn't calling you out. I didn't think that anyone had an issue with what you posted.

I just didn't like ILB insinuating that "everyone in the thread" thought that Powell blew it. Not sure how anyone could've drawn that conclusion based on the comments here.

2 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I assumed he was referring to your take on the game last night, and I certainly wasn't calling you out. I didn't think that anyone had an issue with what you posted.

I just didn't like ILB insinuating that "everyone in the thread" thought that Powell blew it. Not sure how anyone could've drawn that conclusion based on the comments here.

Thank you.  I appreciate your insight and updates into the Powell program.  There definitely was a momentum shift later into the third quarter.  Powell seemed to get some momentum back toward the end.  The chips just did not fall in their favor.  I think last night solidified the fact that Powell can compete with teams like West.  Some people thought West would dominate.  I am definitely looking forward to seeing Powell in the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, footballknox said:

Thank you.  I appreciate your insight and updates into the Powell program.  There definitely was a momentum shift later into the third quarter.  Powell seemed to get some momentum back toward the end.  The chips just did not fall in their favor.  I think last night solidified the fact that Powell can compete with teams like West.  Some people thought West would dominate.  I am definitely looking forward to seeing Powell in the playoffs. 

Completely agree. This team has really grown over the course of the season, and that's exactly what you want to see from a program that lost so much production to graduation. I think they proved last night that they can hang with anyone in 5A this season, as long as they keep the self-inflicted wounds to a minimum.

Reading the end of this thread is somewhat interesting. Everyone is talking about all the kids that Powell lost from last years team and no one is talking about all the kids that West lost to graduation. I picked Powell to win and they definitely missed some opportunities, but to act like West wasn’t “rebuilding” is rather laughable. Both teams breaking in new QB’s. Wheeler returns for Powell and West has to find another RB. Powell’s offensive line all returned but one and West lost all but 1. All of this based off of Rivalry Thursday and DCM games so they could both be wrong in regards to the numbers. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Fandom101 said:

Reading the end of this thread is somewhat interesting. Everyone is talking about all the kids that Powell lost from last years team and no one is talking about all the kids that West lost to graduation. I picked Powell to win and they definitely missed some opportunities, but to act like West wasn’t “rebuilding” is rather laughable. Both teams breaking in new QB’s. Wheeler returns for Powell and West has to find another RB. Powell’s offensive line all returned but one and West lost all but 1. All of this based off of Rivalry Thursday and DCM games so they could both be wrong in regards to the numbers. 

I can't speak to what West lost during the off-season, I don't follow their team closely enough. But I don't think any of the Powell fans here are trying to take anything away from what West has accomplished this season. They've had a tremendous season.

• Like 1

West lost over 30 seniors and replaced 17 starters off of the state championship team.  For them to be 9-1 at this point playing that schedule is really pretty remarkable.  And Powell has steadily improved since the Oak Ridge game.  I think these two have to be the favorites to represent the East this year.  I think OR is missing too many key guys and don't have the depth at this time to replace them with similar talent, huge drop off in spots.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, footballknox said:

No one has said anything about West not being a good team, or anything negative about West from the game last night. Several of the posters on this particular thread just follow Powell. West has a lot to be proud of. They lost several key players to graduation and have had an awesome season. Kudos to them! 

While you toot the horn of the 1 team that brought back most everyone on offense -5 and most everyone on defense -4 but you added Keefer. Incredible things going on at Powell!!! Not what Bearden is doing but incredible nonetheless.