Greeneville at Elizabethton

BarneySox2007

1 hour ago, bleachershark1981 said:

If these two matchup again Greeneville wins for a second time . I thought home field advantage might favor elizabethton but after seeing Elizabethton's line get dominated up front and poor QB play I will stick with Greenville @ burley.

#Chas1ng2nd

Eh same thing was said last time. EHS took a close one in the rematch. It's tough to beat a good team twice in a season and I feel EHS will take the rematch if they meet.

On 10/27/2023 at 11:41 PM, ChickenLittle11 said:

Well well well ….. there’s not to much talk about QB1 tonight he must’ve threw for 400 and 4 TDS ….. wait no he was 6-8 for 85, chucked a ball across his body to the defense and was wanting to throw another one if there was enough time left on the clock…. It seems like the recipe for success is RUNNING THE FOOTBALL AND PLAYING DEFENSE… 

You are correct on the running the ball and playing defense.  You are also correct that certain people got very quite all of a sudden.  Good luck to the Greene Devils the rest of the way!

Sorry. Took me all weekend to get over it. Both defenses played good. G’men played better. We knew they were going to run the ball and couldn’t stop them. We missed not having #11 for this game. He’s been that tall receiver that gets open when QB is in trouble. QB can put it up for a rebound and extend drives. Turning the ball over is never good. Officiating was of no consequence. I didn’t think it was that bad. #27 was in the vicinity of the pass, but I do believe it’s a 5 yard radius and he was more than 5 yards away. So, it is what it is. And Ball gets held every game. Some teams are just better at it than others. When those hands are in tight the refs won’t see it. As a former o-lineman, I know the little things that help you get by. 
Now that we have a taste of Greene, let’s use that bad taste to refocus and win Friday and work on getting better. There can be a rematch, but we will have to earn it. And these rematches usually don’t favor the previous winner. Carter is the focus. Improving is the goal. Go 1-0 this week men.

4 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Sorry. Took me all weekend to get over it. Both defenses played good. G’men played better. We knew they were going to run the ball and couldn’t stop them. We missed not having #11 for this game. He’s been that tall receiver that gets open when QB is in trouble. QB can put it up for a rebound and extend drives. Turning the ball over is never good. Officiating was of no consequence. I didn’t think it was that bad. #27 was in the vicinity of the pass, but I do believe it’s a 5 yard radius and he was more than 5 yards away. So, it is what it is. And Ball gets held every game. Some teams are just better at it than others. When those hands are in tight the refs won’t see it. As a former o-lineman, I know the little things that help you get by. 
Now that we have a taste of Greene, let’s use that bad taste to refocus and win Friday and work on getting better. There can be a rematch, but we will have to earn it. And these rematches usually don’t favor the previous winner. Carter is the focus. Improving is the goal. Go 1-0 this week men.

Good luck Dave, pulling for Betsy 1st and second round.