Greeneville at Elizabethton

BarneySox2007

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

It's not just my opinion but opinion of other Greeneville fans too that I've talked to over the last three years that had kids playing.  Sorry you don't like them.  You sure you're not a Greeneville fan from your past posts? 

It's not hard to know who I am if you are a Greeneville fan and have viewed my posts over the years, I've given plenty of hints.  Noonesfool and Kevo knows who I am.

Not a Greeneville fan, just enjoy watching football.  I don’t know you or what you posted in the past. I honestly could care less but I think it’s strange why you talk about the past. You responded to criticism about this year with attempts to talk negatively about a kid who has graduated. 

17 minutes ago, behindcloseddoors said:

Not a Greeneville fan, just enjoy watching football.  I don’t know you or what you posted in the past. I honestly could care less but I think it’s strange why you talk about the past. You responded to criticism about this year with attempts to talk negatively about a kid who has graduated. 

Go read the post I responded to, YOU were the one that brought up Brady not me with the "The QB last year was far superior".  I responded with is he a better runner than Cannon, Yes.  Is he better thrower, No he isn't and anyone that knows football and watched both of them play.  I said the same thing last year in the AC vs Greeneville thread that you kept commenting on and that stance hasn't changed. (Thats why i think you are someone that graduated from Greeneville and have a clue who it could be)  Also please show me where I disrespected "Brady and the entire Quillen Family".  The proof is in the tape and results, well i hate to tell you Cannon hasn't lost as a starter and the tape shows he can throw a better ball but not as good as a runner.  You are the one disrespecting a kid by saying he isn't good even though he hasn't lost a game as a starter

And No my last name isn't Cannon or I would have had a kid at 16 while starting for Greeneville.

Edited by Swipes

2 hours ago, behindcloseddoors said:

the QB1 this year is not good. The QB last year was far superior. This year you should appreciate #12. He’s an incredible athlete. I’m not a Greeneville fan but anyone with any sense can see that. I was told that the Cannon family frequently posted on this site. If this is one of them, please grow up and stop talking nonsense.  

Here is the post for a refresher

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

It's not hard to click on his user name and see he is a Betsy fan from his other posts.  Brady was a better runner than Cannon but not a better passer and you're blind if you think other wise. That opinion has been said for the last 3 years from parents of starters from Greeneville including ones play D1 sports now.  AC stacked the box last year and made Brady throw to win, the problem is he isn't a thrower and threw two picks on deep balls and could't stretch the field.  Both had their own skill sets so to say superior is a stretch and not taking anything away from either.  Everyone appreciates Carson and he is by far the best Quillen to ever play at Greeneville including his Dad, Uncle, and brother.  He gets over utilizes in my opinion instead of spreading it around because Greeneville has the athletes to do that.    

I believe we had 4 or 5 fumbles vs AC too

22 hours ago, Swipes said:

Tell me you haven’t been around the program like I have.  When McCurry was the head coach and Ballard was our OC he let Ballard choose who started on O and Baugh was our QB coach and had a say in it. (Did McCurry have a say yes but he trusted Ballard to make the right personal pick and quite frankly Ballard made the wrong decision in not keeping Hall in the game against SS in the quarterfinals my senior year instead of Greenway because he was the better runner and just keyed on Barner who ate them up when we beat them at home) Maybe the problem is we haven’t had a head coach that has been on offensive coach since Ballard stepped away to watch Cade.  

Being sick isn’t an excuse it’s a fact!  It’s the same reason Dickson didn’t play for a stretch in the DB because he was also sick. What does Ballard calling plays have to do with a player being sick?  Do I think our QB1 right now is our best option, yes I do.  QB2 has had less action has a higher int per passing percentage than QB1 in his time on Varsity.  Do I think we have been relying on the run game and Quillen to much, I think we have and need to be more balanced but you have to open the play book up to do that and I haven’t seen it this year or last year either.

Baugh isn’t the QB Coach, that’s just assumed, and would make the most sense.  Kind of blows my mind that he isn’t the QB coach.  The program says Baugh is the RB coach.  Simpkins is the QB Coach.  

40 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Go read the post I responded to, YOU were the one that brought up Brady not me with the "The QB last year was far superior".  I responded with is he a better runner than Cannon, Yes.  Is he better thrower, No he isn't and anyone that knows football and watched both of them play.  I said the same thing last year in the AC vs Greeneville thread that you kept commenting on and that stance hasn't changed. (Thats why i think you are someone that graduated from Greeneville and have a clue who it could be)  Also please show me where I disrespected "Brady and the entire Quillen Family".  The proof is in the tape and results, well i hate to tell you Cannon hasn't lost as a starter and the tape shows he can throw a better ball but not as good as a runner.  You are the one disrespecting a kid by saying he isn't good even though he hasn't lost a game as a starter

And No my last name isn't Cannon or I would have had a kid at 16 while starting for Greeneville.

First thing is first, what I don’t understand is why are people saying it’s obvious the quellin family is running the football team? Is #12 not the best player on this team? Aren’t you supposed to get your best player the ball?? Am I missing something here?? Obviously greeneville try’s to spread the ball out .. if you watch the game there’s multiple passes thrown to wide open receivers … BUT THERE OVERTHROWN EVERY TIME …. 3, 4 times a game a streak is open down the field and it’s overthrown … The Alcoa game was gonna be 7-0 going into the half .. the defense played perfect … and guess what pic 6 the other way, 3 ints dropped against Northview TrashAcademy… to think this kid can be a drop back passer is laughable you must be smoking that devils lettuce … He just needs to MANAGE THE GAME  he is not prime time Bret farve, he is Brian Hoyer 

On 10/25/2023 at 12:00 PM, Swipes said:

Have you put on that Greeneville Jersey, have you played underneath coaches that are currently there, or have you coached high school football in your life? (I've done all three)  I was at the Alcoa game and the play call on the INT was a bone head call on the 1 yard line and yelled that down to Eddie of why are you throwing a pass that close to your endzone. (Should he had thrown it out of bounds yes, did he no)  The DB game QB1 was sick along with some other players but were driving and had momentum when the game was called and going into score. QB1 has thrown 3 int's this year and has almost 1,000 yards passing and 9TD's.  We have Greeneville fans bitching about being undefeated and bad mouthing kids, so yes you all need to get a grip.

Once again will you answer the question if QB2's  dad is the QB Coach don't you think he has a say in who plays that position? 

Literally called the same play in the DB game from the 1 yard line… the ball was thrown to the intended receiver and it was 1st down from the 30….. y’all just be saying anything with no pure substance … that was a TERRIBLE throw all anybody wants is for the kid to protect the ball when asked to throw it and hand it off when asked to hand it off 

25 minutes ago, GVegasMafia said:

I believe we had 4 or 5 fumbles vs AC too

We had 4 and lost 3 of them, AC had 2 and lost 2 of them.  I'm not saying Qb1 lost us the game last year but AC scouted well and forced us to our weakness and that was throwing down field when QB1 is a runner more than a deep ball passer and thats not a knock on him.  Each QB just has different skill sets.

10 minutes ago, Swipes said:

We had 4 and lost 3 of them, AC had 2 and lost 2 of them.  I'm not saying Qb1 lost us the game last year but AC scouted well and forced us to our weakness and that was throwing down field when QB1 is a runner more than a deep ball passer and thats not a knock on him.  Each QB just has different skill sets.

Show me the evidence that QB you’re talking about can throw the ball downfield?? He’s over thrown like 15 wide open TDS this year!? You must be watching these games cross eyed 

16 minutes ago, ChickenLittle11 said:

First thing is first, what I don’t understand is why are people saying it’s obvious the quellin family is running the football team? Is #12 not the best player on this team? Aren’t you supposed to get your best player the ball?? Am I missing something here?? Obviously greeneville try’s to spread the ball out .. if you watch the game there’s multiple passes thrown to wide open receivers … BUT THERE OVERTHROWN EVERY TIME …. 3, 4 times a game a streak is open down the field and it’s overthrown … The Alcoa game was gonna be 7-0 going into the half .. the defense played perfect … and guess what pic 6 the other way, 3 ints dropped against Northview TrashAcademy… to think this kid can be a drop back passer is laughable you must be smoking that devils lettuce … He just needs to MANAGE THE GAME  he is not prime time Bret farve, he is Brian Hoyer 

First things first show me where I said the Quillen Family is running the football team? (Because i don't believe they are)  #12 is the best player on the team and can argue he is the best on the field no matter the team.  Greeneville does get their best player the ball but you have to spread it around more than handing it off to #12 25-35 times a game or you are to one dimensional and good TEAM will key in you and beat you.  Not to mention his likely hood of getting hurt goes up and we need him to stay healthy if we are going to make any run in the play-offs.  It's a high school QB man do you think he has ment to over throw people or going to make every throw look easy like Cade?  I've also seen him hit some nice long balls along the way and has thrown for over a 1,000 yards in 7 games work.  I've already commented on the Alcoa INT and said he should have thrown it away but shouldn't have been in that situation doing a what Greeneville likes to call the Beef Power Pass from our own one yard line.  Lets see how you would do rolling out in you own end zone with Alcoa breathing down your neck and trying to not take a safety.  The system Greeneville uses no one could be a drop back passer.  The kid is 7-0 as starter so seems like he has been doing ok

22 minutes ago, ChickenLittle11 said:

Literally called the same play in the DB game from the 1 yard line… the ball was thrown to the intended receiver and it was 1st down from the 30….. y’all just be saying anything with no pure substance … that was a TERRIBLE throw all anybody wants is for the kid to protect the ball when asked to throw it and hand it off when asked to hand it off 

Dude i've already said it was a terrible decision.  Alcoa's D is way better than DB's and actually had pressure on him in the end zone.  I didn't like the call against Alcoa because I know their head coach Nix would be waiting on something like that since we did run it against DB earlier in the year