Mcminn Central Chargers @ Chattanooga Central Purple Pounders

RichyRich

Both teams coming off victories against fairly weak opponents. Mc beating tellico in a less than convincing fashion 51-38, CC  beating Howard quite convincingly 42-0. Chargers will have to play a better ballgame then they did on Thursday if they wanna get past this team down In Harrison. If it's the team who played against kingston,sweetwater,tyner  than I think the Chargers win, but if  it's the team who played against signal mountain or tellico. It'll be alot closer  or Chattanooga might upset MC. Final score prediction is 

Mcminn central 32

Chattanooga Central 31

12 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Both teams coming off victories against fairly weak opponents. Mc beating tellico in a less than convincing fashion 51-38, CC  beating Howard quite convincingly 42-0. Chargers will have to play a better ballgame then they did on Thursday if they wanna get past this team down In Harrison. If it's the team who played against kingston,sweetwater,tyner  than I think the Chargers win, but if  it's the team who played against signal mountain or tellico. It'll be alot closer  or Chattanooga might upset MC. Final score prediction is 

Mcminn central 32

Chattanooga Central 31

This is a big game for both teams, if MC wins they will get the 2 seed and a home playoff game, if  CC wins and Brainerd loses, CC will get the 4 seed and if Tyner wins and M Central losses Tyner will get the 1 seed. and Meigs will be the 2 seed. A lot on the line this week.

Meigs County 4-0  
McMinn Central 3-1  
Tyner Academy 3-1  
Brainerd 1-3  
Chattanooga Central 1-3  
Sweetwater 0-4
Edited by Dadof2

On 10/22/2023 at 5:05 PM, RichyRich said:

Mcminn central 32

Chattanooga Central 31

McMinn Centra's defense has been porous the last 4 games, giving up an average of 31 points a game.  But they've gone 3-1 in those 4 games which shows they have a pretty potent scoring offense. Just average defensive play against Chattanooga Central should suffice since McMinn Central should easily score 30+ points in this matchup. 

7 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

McMinn Centra's defense has been porous the last 4 games, giving up an average of 31 points a game.  But they've gone 3-1 in those 4 games which shows they have a pretty potent scoring offense. Just average defensive play against Chattanooga Central should suffice since McMinn Central should easily score 30+ points in this matchup. 

I’m pulling for M Central in this one because it benefits us lol because Tyner is playing pretty good and M Central let Tellico score 38 makes me a little nervous.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I’m pulling for M Central in this one because it benefits us lol because Tyner is playing pretty good and M Central let Tellico score 38 makes me a little nervous.

So, Meigs fans are pulling for Central to win, and Central fans by supporting their team will be wanting Meigs to win the Region?!?!??  Shakespeare had it right when he penned adversity making strange bedfellows.  :roflol:

Tellico hadn't scored 38 points combined in their last 4 games, but they were very motivated playing McMinn Central.  Coaches always warn their players that they can't overlook any opponent.  The Meigs players learned that when they played Polk Co.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I agree dadof2, and we we will root for Meigs if we get put out of playoffs, if both mcminn and central have a home play off game it'll be hard for me to choose which game to go to. Central vs Watertown would be better mcminn vs Campbell county. Or if they both lost central vs dunlap would likely be better than mcminn vs Clinton 

16 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

So, Meigs fans are pulling for Central to win, and Central fans by supporting their team will be wanting Meigs to win the Region?!?!??  Shakespeare had it right when he penned adversity making strange bedfellows.  :roflol:

Tellico hadn't scored 38 points combined in their last 4 games, but they were very motivated playing McMinn Central.  Coaches always warn their players that they can't overlook any opponent.  The Meigs players learned that when they played Polk Co.  

Central stopped Tellico on its first two possessions of the second half. Chargers scored to make it 44-18 and then substituted freely on defense the remainder of the game. Tellico scored all three TD against Central's JV.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Charger64 said:

Central stopped Tellico on its first two possessions of the second half. Chargers scored to make it 44-18 and then substituted freely on defense the remainder of the game. Tellico scored all three TD against Central's JV.

That's pretty much what I had heard as well, but was corrected :blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charger64 said:

I listened until Tellico was surprisingly ahead 18-16 about midway of the 2nd quarter. The coaches obviously got the players' attention at halftime.  

11 hours ago, RichyRich said:

I agree dadof2, and we we will root for Meigs if we get put out of playoffs, if both mcminn and central have a home play off game it'll be hard for me to choose which game to go to. Central vs Watertown would be better mcminn vs Campbell county. Or if they both lost central vs dunlap would likely be better than mcminn vs Clinton 

It will be nice for Central to have a home game for the 1st round of the playoffs. I think I read this would be the first time for them to host a playoff game since 2014?  Coach Moody and his staff have done a good job rebuilding the Central program. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1