District 11 2A

BackThatPassUp

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hickman Co. should be pretty good this year. They will have good size under the basket and will have a player back that missed the entire season due to a shoulder injury. A weakness they had last year was not much depth on their bench but their bench should be deep this year. Tyler Stacks a senior is probably their best player. East Hickman showed signs of improvement as the season went on but depth was their problem and it may be the same this season. I saw Cheatham Co. play once last year. They looked pretty good but I'm not sure how many they lost to graduation. I don't know anything about Harpeth.                                                      This is just a shot in the dark guess but here is my predictions!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          1. Hickman Co.                                                                                                                                                                          2.Cheatham Co.                                                                                                                                                                        3. Harpeth                                                                                                                                                                                  4. East Hickman                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Good luck to your teams!!       Hope it is a fun season.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

On 10/26/2023 at 1:14 PM, Raining3s said:

Hickman Co. should be pretty good this year. They will have good size under the basket and will have a player back that missed the entire season due to a shoulder injury. A weakness they had last year was not much depth on their bench but their bench should be deep this year. Tyler Stacks a senior is probably their best player. East Hickman showed signs of improvement as the season went on but depth was their problem and it may be the same this season. I saw Cheatham Co. play once last year. They looked pretty good but I'm not sure how many they lost to graduation. I don't know anything about Harpeth.                                                      This is just a shot in the dark guess but here is my predictions!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          1. Hickman Co.                                                                                                                                                                          2.Cheatham Co.                                                                                                                                                                        3. Harpeth                                                                                                                                                                                  4. East Hickman                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Good luck to your teams!!       Hope it is a fun season.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

I know a little about Harpeth and an “ok amount” about Cheatham. Cheatham lost their entire varsity last year to graduation. They only played seniors. They will be “ok”.

I saw a couple east Hickman games but don’t know all the players graduation years but I think Cheatham could beat east

Doubt Cheatham can beat Harpeth but Harpeth is a new team from last year too.
thwy lost a decent pg and one of their main shooters. and a bunch of roll players But they return several guys who played a lot of varsity time. They have potential to be very good.
Hickman and Harpeth actually played this summer in a summer camp. Hickman won by like 15. Harpeth was missing 3 starters and one big time varsity player got hurt in the first half of that game. So it wasn’t a good showing for Harpeth but Hickman looked really solid. You can tell they returned a lot of their guys. I believe they only graduated 1 player that contributed alot last year.

I lean towards Hickman as 1 and Harpeth as 2. But that could change after a couple games. I think Cheatham might get a couple upsets on some decent teams but they are gonna fall to 3 and east at 4.
im excited for these teams. Should be more each other caliber. Last year Cheatham and Harpeth had 2 schools in their district that should’ve been 3a several years ago. They finally got moved up.
I live close to Nashville and follow the areas sports. I have a subscription to the NFHS broadcasting site so I can watch a lot of these games online. 

Yes, they only lost one starter to graduation. They are not loaded with alot of juniors and seniors. I think maybe they will have 3 or 4 seniors, 1 or 2 juniors but the sophmore class is their largest class and they should have a good freshman class. I would say they will probably start 2 seniors, a junior and possibly 2 sophmores. He should have deep bench with everyone getting some playing time but you are going to have to play defense.

What about east? They never competed in middle school and usually got blown out. I remember seeing them play sycamore several times and it wasn't close. 

Cheatham just graduated a bunch and wont be relevant for several years. 

Harpeth is going to be iffy. They are always decent but not sure if they will reach potential. 

Yeah, East problem is going to be depth. They finished the season last year with 6 or 7 players to finish the season. They have some good size in Hill and Kelly whom I think are seniors and Hobbs who is a junior. They will need to get some solid play from their backcourt if they are going to be competitive. Who knows if  Cheatham Co. is down this season and the jury is still out on Harpeth then East Hickman may be right in the middle of the race.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the Hickman Co. BGA game. It was a really good game with the lead swapping back and forth the whole first half. I think BGA may have led at the half by two points. BGA has a good team with a big man in the middle and quick guards that are very good taking the ball to the hoop. They are also a good shooting team from the outside. Hickman Co. started two seniors, one junior and two sophmores. Puckett, the junior had a good game hitting probably 3 or 4  from three point range and some mid range jumpers. I thought Hickman Co. looked pretty good for the first game. They should get alot better as the season plays out.