East Hamilton @ The Ridge (OR)

SweetScience

I watched the East Hamilton vs Rhea County game on YouTube and EH should have won the game. but a disastrous high snap cost them a safety and turned the ball over to Rhea at mid field after the free kick. Rhea didn't throw two passes all night, but they were very effective running the football and used up a lot of time, especailly at the end driving for the go ahead points. EH has some good athletes and is more balanced between run and pass. the running back is pretty good. So, OR needs to be ready to play a ball game Friday night and not let EH hang around and make it close, because they have a very good kicker too. 

1 minute ago, bounder said:

Wow can’t believe nobody’s posting on here where is everybody? 
Oh Well see ya at the game!

Roll Wildcats Roll

WILDCAT PRIDE

East Hamilton Hurricanes will not be able to mercy rule Oak Ridge Wildcats in this game tonight. I guarantee it won't happen. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message. 

On 10/31/2023 at 10:08 AM, wolfgang said:

The cakewalk was winning the region, our region is a joke. But to get to the semis, OR must beat East Hamilton, who beat Walker Valley, the region champ. It's likely that OR will have to beat McMinn County along the way, and they have already beaten OR. It's also likely that OR will have to beat Walker Valley before the semis, and they beat McMinn, which is something that OR couldn't do. It's also possible that OR will have to beat a very talented Clinton team twice, if they're able to upset McMinn. So i say winning the region was a cakewalk, but the road to the semis is not.

I don't think McMinn Co. beat Oak Ridge in the regular season; it appeared to me that the referees did.  Hopefully, they've been schooled not to make egregious mistakes in the playoffs.

East Hamilton had some good drives and the running backs and quarterback were very good at getting enough yardage to pick up first downs and use a lot of clock in the first half, but on the other side of the ball they couldn't stop Dozier as he gashed them and couldn't defend the long ball over the top. Wildcats able to get some stops on defense in the second half and pull away. I don't know how many seniors EH has, but if a lot of these guys come back, they could be the favorite in that Region next season, Just heard McMinn County went down in flames to Clinton as the Dragons speed was too much for the Kees.  Nice win for the Dragons!  SO its OR vs Clinton at Blankenship next Friday night. 

10 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

East Hamilton had some good drives and the running backs and quarterback were very good at getting enough yardage to pick up first downs and use a lot of clock in the first half, but on the other side of the ball they couldn't stop Dozier as he gashed them and couldn't defend the long ball over the top. Wildcats able to get some stops on defense in the second half and pull away. I don't know how many seniors EH has, but if a lot of these guys come back, they could be the favorite in that Region next season, Just heard McMinn County went down in flames to Clinton as the Dragons speed was too much for the Kees.  Nice win for the Dragons!  SO its OR vs Clinton at Blankenship next Friday night. 

Derek said they score points and give up points. That was the story last night. One of the best offenses I saw this season

Good win for the Cats now get ready for Clinton.

As of last night all the seniors have gotten a WWA shirt. Guess #0, 22 and 51 get another one! There was some hard hitting by both teams last night. Glad nobody got hurt. 

And by the way the Zebras were from the Greenville area, did a pretty good job, too many calls on Oak Ridge but guess most were deserved. haha

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL