Upper East tennessee girls basketball

THE KING

On 2/26/2024 at 1:26 PM, CaptainGuru said:

Cloudland Female Landers will win tonight. It will happen. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? Cloudland Female Landers are to good to lose in this round. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

I tried to tell everyone that Cloudland Female Landers would do this to Cosby Female Eagles and nobody wanted to believe me. Cloudland Female Landers won by 30 points which is a mercy rule win. I said it would happen and it did. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

15 hours ago, Greenecounty said:

Those Lady Greene Devils get the big win over a very talented David Crockett team.  Not many people gave Greeneville much of a chance since they lost 5 Seniors from last year.  This years team bought in totally - and Coach Watts did an outstanding coaching job!

This time of the year, especially, I'll take better coaching over slightly better talent 11 out of 10 times. And that's exactly what happened last night. 

31 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

This time of the year, especially, I'll take better coaching over slightly better talent 11 out of 10 times. And that's exactly what happened last night. 

Greeneville Female Devils are flat better than Crockett Female Pioneers. That's just the facts about it. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

3 hours ago, THE KING said:

We're getting near the end of basketball and I couldn't help but notice this thread has nearly 26,000 views.  I appreciate everyone reading and being interested for girls basketball in this area.  

King not completely related but as someone not well versed in girls basketball. Is girls basketball at cloudland the equivalent of football for boys at cloudland. They both seem to be top area teams.

1 hour ago, FootballismyVice said:

King not completely related but as someone not well versed in girls basketball. Is girls basketball at cloudland the equivalent of football for boys at cloudland. They both seem to be top area teams.

Well right now it's the meca sport for cloudland.  We used to be a regular state power in football but here lately, we've settled for being champions of a weak region.  Girls basketball has been really strong for most of the past 20 years and this year is the strongest its ever been.  North Greene has built a very strong program under coach Buchanan and they've had our number in recent years.  Hopefully,  we've turned the corner and can reclaim some hardware that's alluded us for awhile. 

20 hours ago, THE KING said:

That student section only been to 3 games all year.  As for athletes,  we play a cleaner brand of ball than NG.  That's all I'll say on the matter.  Time to move on. 

Swept under the rug…As expected. Your girls aren’t as clean as you think. Moving on to what will be a great game tonight. Prayers for a healthy game on both ends. 

Well it's championship night.  Everyone who knows me in person knows I will be sitting quietly in the stands with my arms crossed.  Win or lose,  I'm there just to watch my kids play ball.  I honestly didn't think they would help much their freshman and sophomore years but Eowyn McCoury is closing in on 100 points this year and I couldn't be more proud.  They go out there and give their best and they know I'm not going to be critical on the way home.  We always move on to what's next.  Our girls with the knee braces have worked hard to get back and give us fans a reason to smile again.  We have another who is having surgery tomorrow so remember her in your thoughts and prayers.  

4 hours ago, THE KING said:

Well it's championship night.  Everyone who knows me in person knows I will be sitting quietly in the stands with my arms crossed.  Win or lose,  I'm there just to watch my kids play ball.  I honestly didn't think they would help much their freshman and sophomore years but Eowyn McCoury is closing in on 100 points this year and I couldn't be more proud.  They go out there and give their best and they know I'm not going to be critical on the way home.  We always move on to what's next.  Our girls with the knee braces have worked hard to get back and give us fans a reason to smile again.  We have another who is having surgery tomorrow so remember her in your thoughts and prayers.  

Regardless of who's a rival or who hates who etc....I hate hearing about a kid getting cut on. It's an epidemic in high school sports. Every year someone's little girl leaves the court crying. Hard to stomach IMO

Agreed!!! I Absolutely Hate seeing any kid get hurt like that. Especially Blair because she had come  back from a different injury at beginning of the season. Not blaming any one person for that injury because like you said it seems to happen more often these days. But at NG that night the Refs let things get out of hand and it was bad up until that point. Anyways I really feel that tonights matchup is gonna be a tad lower scoring game than the past 3 this year. Unfortunately I am not gonna get to make this one tonight. But I'll be at Church hopefully praying us on. Hopefully we will be hosting a SubState game Saturday evening. Id like not to have to travel but I will if I need to. 

54 minutes ago, NotCrucial said:

Regardless of who's a rival or who hates who etc....I hate hearing about a kid getting cut on. It's an epidemic in high school sports. Every year someone's little girl leaves the court crying. Hard to stomach IMO

I don't think there's any hate. The programs do have some beef but the respect is still there.  I think it will be a physical game tonight and I'm OK with that as long as there's no unnecessary diving into knees.  Just keep it clean on both sides and see who comes out on top. 

25 minutes ago, foreveranole said:

Agreed!!! I Absolutely Hate seeing any kid get hurt like that. Especially Blair because she had come  back from a different injury at beginning of the season. Not blaming any one person for that injury because like you said it seems to happen more often these days. But at NG that night the Refs let things get out of hand and it was bad up until that point. Anyways I really feel that tonights matchup is gonna be a tad lower scoring game than the past 3 this year. Unfortunately I am not gonna get to make this one tonight. But I'll be at Church hopefully praying us on. Hopefully we will be hosting a SubState game Saturday evening. Id like not to have to travel but I will if I need to. 

We'll miss you bud, but you're doing the right thing.