Rd 3 McKenzie travels to Moore Co

RedRebelman

1 hour ago, RexKwonDo said:

Only McKenzie posters I see on this thread is myself and   VOLnWTN  who is one of the best posters on the T  IMO very respectful and always  keeps it 100% . So here is the Mckenzie perspective. We have played Moore County the past 2 years so nobody has to tell us how good they are  we know what we are walking into come this Friday night. If you go back and and read my post from earlier in the year I had Moore County as the favorite coming out the west before the season even started while everyone else was picking UC ( and UC still may make it all the way.) We are the underdog on the road against a team that has plenty of motivation to want to take us out to the wood shed. There are numerous ways this game can play out and Mckenzie winning is definitely one of those. I think back to a very young Rebel team in 2020 who they said  had no shot in a 2A quarterfinal on the road @ Peabody and the Rebels  took the eventual state champs to double overtime. We have the most respect for this Moore Co team and coaching  staff.  Our boys will show up and give them all we got and let the chips fall where they may. If we come up short we will tip our cap and move on. If we come out on the winning side the Rebels will be ready for another big test the following week. Hoping both teams  come out of this one healthy and 100% moving forward.

Appreciate the compliment.  There is just no sense in getting into a peeing contest with anyone over high school football.  Funny you mention that Peabody game.  I was thinking about that game the other day in comparison to this one.  On paper, McKenzie should not have been in that game from the jump but we were.  And yes, I have said many many times, the road to Chattanooga goes through Lynchburg.  Anyone with half a brain cell could see that coming last year.  So I echo what you say.  If we win, I will be humble, gracious, and happy.  I will congratulate Moore Co on a fantastic season, and move on to the next week.  If we lose, I will announce our Seniors for the last time, congratluate Moore Co, and make plans to possibly go over to Dresden/UC the next Friday to watch a great ballgame.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BBRaider said:

True, but give me the team with 2 1,000 yard rushers and a dominate front 7 ALL DAY!

I'm not sure how old you are but a similar situation happened to a favored Moore Co squad in the semifinals in 96. The elements slowed down a dominate line and 3 power backs. Lost 7-6 to St. Benedict. The weather can be a cruel mistress. Hopefully we see a clean game and it doesn't get sloppy. 

10 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

I've done radio in the past and it's tough when you aren't in the booth. I tuned in for one of y'all's games last year. You do a great job. Good luck if this 70% chance of rain shows up. That equipment isn't cheap! 

I appreciate the compliment. Come over and say, "Hi" on Friday.  Actually, I invite all T posters to come say hello.  I enjoy putting a face with a "made up" name.  LOL.  

Just now, VOLnWTN said:

I appreciate the compliment. Come over and say, "Hi" on Friday.  Actually, I invite all T posters to come say hello.  I enjoy putting a face with a "made up" name.  LOL.  

I may come over to the enemy side. Don't tell the others. Haha

In all seriousness, definitely respect what McKenzie has built. Can't wait to see what unfolds on Friday. 

1 hour ago, PercyPeabody said:

I'm not sure how old you are but a similar situation happened to a favored Moore Co squad in the semifinals in 96. The elements slowed down a dominate line and 3 power backs. Lost 7-6 to St. Benedict. The weather can be a cruel mistress. Hopefully we see a clean game and it doesn't get sloppy. 

Weather was just 1/2 the issue, St. Benedict literally watered the field prior to the monsoon it was a literal hog pen! Don't expect those conditions Fri Night!

1 minute ago, BBRaider said:

Weather was just 1/2 the issue, St. Benedict literally watered the field prior to the monsoon it was a literal hog pen! Don't expect those conditions Fri Night!

True. I've never seen a field prior to nor after that lacked one blade of grass as that one did. If I recall correctly they went on to face S Pitt and got hammered so karma got em. I can guarantee it could rain 40 days and 40 nights and the field in Lynchburg wouldn't be that bad lol