Beer Dun @ Brad Lee (RD 3)

TnBear

34 minutes ago, Bradleysports23 said:

What gets me is nobody on here understands the significance of the Bradley walker game this year. Walker valley is dominating every team they play minus east which was a fluke… but to see Bradley do that to walker valley when nobody else can even touch walker is insane. Bradley mercy ruled them and walker is demolishing everyone they play. That’s pretty over looked if you ask me. 

I think you may be overstating WV.  They squeaked by Mcminn, and Cleveland both of which are basically 500 teams. 

14 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I see humor where there is humor... I chuckled at bits and pieces... My reply was very simple.... you guys are having a whale of a season... enjoy it ... but don't get too cocky and start banking games you haven't won... You very well might do it, but no fat ladies have been harmed in the making of this thread .. and nobody is warming up just yet....look back at all the comments ... plenty of lockeroom material... don't know if you remember Chip Nobody at Oakland,,,, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him return....  

Have you seen any post of mine that even come close to being cocky?

This week we are 0-0 as coach says and get to play Bearden once again. No win is guaranteed.

The cockiest thing I have said is that 'yes, we wanted to play Oakland or whoever because to win it all you gotta beat them all'. And that is not being cocky, it's telling it the way it is. And after defeating Maryville twice, now, and if we were to play and defeat Oakland (no guarantee they beat Riverdale btw) it would mean something because of what they have done over the years.

Others saw the humor of my motel room question because we are 30 miles from Finley Stadium, We WON"T be booking rooms. Much like someone from Murfreesboro not booking rooms for events in Nashville. Only two reasons you didn't take it that way was no sense of humor, or you are one of those who thinks Bradley don't deserve to be there because they don't have the "name".

BTW I remember Master Teague very well. Seen him live and in person. Also remember the joke of a foul you guys got away with in Basketball.

I attended my first Bradley games in 1961 (voted State Champions) when my aunt was a cheerleader and been through the rough 0-10 seasons (1990, 1997, 2004, really hard to attend every game when you lose) and the undefeated Championship (1976 50-48 win over Jackson Central-Merry in 3 OT's) season and all the seasons in between. and attended, in person, probably more than 90% of those games, home and on the road.

Every team has some who spout things that can be locker-room material. So, get off you holier than thou seat and enjoy the ride. If anything, I have EARNED the right to talk a bit of smack if I want. Not that I do much of that.

24 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

Have you seen any post of mine that even come close to being cocky?

This week we are 0-0 as coach says and get to play Bearden once again. No win is guaranteed.

The cockiest thing I have said is that 'yes, we wanted to play Oakland or whoever because to win it all you gotta beat them all'. And that is not being cocky, it's telling it the way it is. And after defeating Maryville twice, now, and if we were to play and defeat Oakland (no guarantee they beat Riverdale btw) it would mean something because of what they have done over the years.

Others saw the humor of my motel room question because we are 30 miles from Finley Stadium, We WON"T be booking rooms. Much like someone from Murfreesboro not booking rooms for events in Nashville. Only two reasons you didn't take it that way was no sense of humor, or you are one of those who thinks Bradley don't deserve to be there because they don't have the "name".

BTW I remember Master Teague very well. Seen him live and in person. Also remember the joke of a foul you guys got away with in Basketball.

I attended my first Bradley games in 1961 (voted State Champions) when my aunt was a cheerleader and been through the rough 0-10 seasons (1990, 1997, 2004, really hard to attend every game when you lose) and the undefeated Championship (1976 50-48 win over Jackson Central-Merry in 3 OT's) season and all the seasons in between. and attended, in person, probably more than 90% of those games, home and on the road.

Every team has some who spout things that can be locker-room material. So, get off you holier than thou seat and enjoy the ride. If anything, I have EARNED the right to talk a bit of smack if I want. Not that I do much of that.

I didn't say you did say anything cocky .. and if anything I don't have a real dog in the fight. I grew up playing ball and going to games in west Texas Permian basin, and while  I've only lived in Tenn for 30 years now, I've been through crap seasons with Blackman, and going through a long one now (may be 3 or 4 more), I have also been through a few decent seasons with them as well, but we never got to "the ship"

I did find humor in the booking rooms comment because I too realized how close you were after saying it ....My only point was directed really more at Bearettesalltheway who has "penciled you all and some team from "memphos"...but you gotta play the next team ... its one game at a time. . And no, I don't care about the "name" names don't win games. (Odessa Permian\ MOJO) I know this first hand. 

I have said you guys have had a tremendous season and I am happy to see it, enjoy the ride you because deserve it.

As for the "so called foul " that game should have never been that close. 

16 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I didn't say you did say anything cocky .. and if anything I don't have a real dog in the fight. I grew up playing ball and going to games in west Texas Permian basin, and while  I've only lived in Tenn for 30 years now, I've been through crap seasons with Blackman, and going through a long one now (may be 3 or 4 more), I have also been through a few decent seasons with them as well, but we never got to "the ship"

I did find humor in the booking rooms comment because I too realized how close you were after saying it ....My only point was directed really more at Bearettesalltheway who has "penciled you all and some team from "memphos"...but you gotta play the next team ... its one game at a time. . And no, I don't care about the "name" names don't win games. (Odessa Permian\ MOJO) I know this first hand. 

I have said you guys have had a tremendous season and I am happy to see it, enjoy the ride you because deserve it.

As for the "so called foul " that game should have never been that close. 

Well, you did include me as part of the answer about "cockiness" and didn't seem to even get the distance thing.

And no that "foul" game should not have been that close. But it was and that one will always stick in a Bradley fan's craw.

9 minutes ago, CU06 said:

Some of y’all writing off Riverdale is funny. They got D1 players too and beat Oakland already. That other East Qtrfinal will be another war

Agreed. Think it’s easy to just assume that Oakland will get to the semis again because they always do, but as @MidTennFootball has already pointed out, it’s possible that Riverdale is just the better team this year. Obviously doesn’t mean that Oakland won’t win but Riverdale shouldn’t be written off, because they’re good enough to win it all as well

2 minutes ago, jhawk23 said:

Agreed. Think it’s easy to just assume that Oakland will get to the semis again because they always do, but as @MidTennFootball has already pointed out, it’s possible that Riverdale is just the better team this year. Obviously doesn’t mean that Oakland won’t win but Riverdale shouldn’t be written off, because they’re good enough to win it all as well

I think Oakland vs Riverdale is a 50-50 shot. i used Oakland because that is who has been successful but that don't mean I think they are the automatic winner and who we will face if we beat Bearden the second time.

I’m pretty positive that Bradley is taking it one game at a time and are NOT utilizing much if any resources to plan for whatever possible match up is next. They’re focused on Bearden and beating them, trying to move forward because they KNOW nothing is guaranteed. 

I have a bit of in sight within the program and know that these kids are playing for each other and each senior that’s poured their life within this program. There are underclassmen and even some of our ‘top D1’ kids that are playing for their teammates that won’t get another opportunity and want to win it all. As talented as this group is, they are by far more mature! 

Bearden will be a war, there is no doubt about it. They know this, they’re not letting off the gas. I guarantee they won’t make the same mistakes against Bradley.  I think we win, but it won’t be a mercy rule. 

• Like 2

On 11/11/2023 at 4:03 PM, Bradleysports23 said:

What gets me is nobody on here understands the significance of the Bradley walker game this year. Walker valley is dominating every team they play minus east which was a fluke… but to see Bradley do that to walker valley when nobody else can even touch walker is insane. Bradley mercy ruled them and walker is demolishing everyone they play. That’s pretty over looked if you ask me. 

I can assure you that nobody left in 5A on the east side of the bracket is shaking in their boots because they see WV. WV is very deserving of being there as they have beat the teams in front of them. I keep hearing about this great WV defense. I promise you that the two best defenses in 5A in the East will be facing each other this coming Friday night. The front 7 for Powell ain’t no joke and the West D ain’t either. 

As for the BC/Bearden game. I will take BC but not by as much as last time.

Just now, Fandom101 said:

I can assure you that nobody left in 5A on the east side of the bracket is shaking in their boots because they see WV. WV is very deserving of being there as they have beat the teams in front of them. I keep hearing about this great WV defense. I promise you that the two best defenses in 5A in the East will be facing each other this coming Friday night. The front 7 for Powell ain’t no joke and the West D ain’t either. 

As for the BC/Bearden game. I will take BC but not by as much as last time.

I agree with everything you said. Nobody has touched walker YETT… but of course west will steam roll em if they meet. Walker has tremendous heart this year but I say they lose this week to Clinton. Bradley needs to stay healthy this week and play calm and smart.. bearden is very intimidated by Bradley.. every time boo gets the ball they freeze up and just look like a deer in head lights.. it was kinda akward last game.. they just froze up everytime he got the ball like “where’s he gonna go or what’s he gonna do” you CANT set there and wait on a guy that fast. That’s why Bradley mercy ruled them… they were shell shocked… just like maryville was… they just didn’t know how to respond to the speed. Bradley has speed on every side of the ball. They can pass… they can run… they can stop the ball.. they beet the brakes off maryville and bearden both on the line of scrimmage they just smoke em. Bradleys defensive line was beating maryville so fast off the snap it was horrible.. they pushed em back a yard before then all even hit the QBS hand everytime and boo met the carrier at the LOS everytime. Same with bearden.. they just couldn’t get past the defense. My GOD that defense is insane. And they’re mostly juniors. So next couple years gonna be tough to beat them

6 hours ago, Bradleysports23 said:

I agree with everything you said. Nobody has touched walker YETT… but of course west will steam roll em if they meet. Walker has tremendous heart this year but I say they lose this week to Clinton. Bradley needs to stay healthy this week and play calm and smart.. bearden is very intimidated by Bradley.. every time boo gets the ball they freeze up and just look like a deer in head lights.. it was kinda akward last game.. they just froze up everytime he got the ball like “where’s he gonna go or what’s he gonna do” you CANT set there and wait on a guy that fast. That’s why Bradley mercy ruled them… they were shell shocked… just like maryville was… they just didn’t know how to respond to the speed. Bradley has speed on every side of the ball. They can pass… they can run… they can stop the ball.. they beet the brakes off maryville and bearden both on the line of scrimmage they just smoke em. Bradleys defensive line was beating maryville so fast off the snap it was horrible.. they pushed em back a yard before then all even hit the QBS hand everytime and boo met the carrier at the LOS everytime. Same with bearden.. they just couldn’t get past the defense. My GOD that defense is insane. And they’re mostly juniors. So next couple years gonna be tough to beat them

Bradley only has 3 kids on their defense not graduating I believe. 

The freshman on the defensive line Zayne (25) and Wiley (22) that plays linebacker who’s a sophomore and  I believe Mason is the other that’s a Jr.  

Boo is a game changer and can certainly makes things happen with his god given talent. However one of the most underrated aspect of this team is their other skilled players from their halfbacks to WR that block absolutely so well on the outside on their swing passes, jet sweeps and miss direction plays. You’re not getting big plays or hitting full speed without those guys doing such amazing jobs. So I assure you, those defenders are not just ‘freezing up’ or getting ‘shocked’. They’re getting blocked or schemed outta position.

Beating Bearden is no guarantee regardless of what the score was last time. Bearden came into the game thinking like everyone else that they could bully up front and wear us down. I assure that’s not their full game plan this go because it didn’t work so hot last go. I would expect an emphasis on trying to get to the second level on their blocks and quicker passing attacks. Don’t be shocked if they spread out and try to have their QB play one read and go.