Quarterfinal - Covington @ Dyersburg

CHARGERFAN

1 minute ago, TrojanEst88 said:

You probably have to say that a lot.

Just viewing some of your replies, you are just some angry little troll. Which is sad in its own right, but you are trying to troll on a high school sports forum is just ... wow. 

Now lets hear some witty little remark about this will be the last week for the season. Ok? and GO!

Yep. Some folks can never find the good.

”You won’t beat Covington!”

Dburg beats Covington.

”Enjoy your last week of the season!”

Don’t lose any sleep, Trojan Nation. Critical commentary has never be satisfied. Dyersburg could beat Alcoa by two points and be criticized for not winning by more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrojanLC said:

What a miserable little man! 

Hey even if it's our last week, it has been a great season. Only 4 teams remain in 3A and Dburg is one of them. Who does this poster follow or have allegiance too? Trojans just go play the game, leave it on the field, and see what happens. Win or lose it's been a heck of a season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I was at the game and it was by far the best game I have seen all year and maybe the best in a decade. Hard fought both ways. My Chargers played well but just came up a little short. I was very impressed with the Dyersburg defensive front 7 and the closing speed on that side of the ball. The Dyersburg backup QB played well and the explosive plays won the game. I was at the same end of the field the two running plays were at the end of the half. I was shocked the Covington RB did not get in the end zone on the last play but he definitely did not get in. I saw the hit at the goal line and it was a great defensive play to stop that run. I am of the belief of the old saying that defense travels so I think Dyersburg has a chance to go to East Nashville and win. Good Luck Dyersburg. 

1 hour ago, selfhi5 said:

I was at the game and it was by far the best game I have seen all year and maybe the best in a decade. Hard fought both ways. My Chargers played well but just came up a little short. I was very impressed with the Dyersburg defensive front 7 and the closing speed on that side of the ball. The Dyersburg backup QB played well and the explosive plays won the game. I was at the same end of the field the two running plays were at the end of the half. I was shocked the Covington RB did not get in the end zone on the last play but he definitely did not get in. I saw the hit at the goal line and it was a great defensive play to stop that run. I am of the belief of the old saying that defense travels so I think Dyersburg has a chance to go to East Nashville and win. Good Luck Dyersburg. 

Much respect!! Covington played a great game and I agree that this was an instant classic. This was one of those games that you hate to see a team come up short on the scoreboard. Covington and Dyersburg have had some battles over the last 3 years. There is mutual respect for sure from both sides. 

11 hours ago, selfhi5 said:

As Dash said, much mutual respect between these teams. The trash talking comes from people that have no dog in the fight. My son plays and I have the starting DLine at my house about every weekend. This is as close of a group that I’ve been around. They’ve got each other’s backs and they’ve played together since I coached them in the 3rd grade. They’re great young men. They hangout with me over running around town and staying out late. They hold each other accountable and play for each other. People talking trash just makes them come harder. They have the utmost respect for Covington and those boys. Kirby ALWAYS gets his boys up and they play TOUGH disciplined ball. You really hate to see a loser out of that game. How about those DL playing on offense in the backfield on that last drive and 2pt conversion? Gotta put those dogs out there! Haha

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TrojanLC said:

As Dash said, much mutual respect between these teams. The trash talking comes from people that have no dog in the fight. My son plays and I have the starting DLine at my house about every weekend. This is as close of a group that I’ve been around. They’ve got each other’s backs and they’ve played together since I coached them in the 3rd grade. They’re great young men. They hangout with me over running around town and staying out late. They hold each other accountable and play for each other. People talking trash just makes them come harder. They have the utmost respect for Covington and those boys. Kirby ALWAYS gets his boys up and they play TOUGH disciplined ball. You really hate to see a loser out of that game. How about those DL playing on offense in the backfield on that last drive and 2pt conversion? Gotta put those dogs out there! Haha

Great post!! This Charger fan will be pulling for you guys Friday night!! 

Go gettem!!

Will this game be streamed?

1 hour ago, Dp81 said:

Great post!! This Charger fan will be pulling for you guys Friday night!! 

Go gettem!!

Will this game be streamed?

East Video Stream: 

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/east-nashville-high-school-nashville-tn/gamb3a15d6300

Dyersburg Radio: 

https://streamdb5web.securenetsystems.net/v5/index.cfm?stationCallSign=WTNV

Obviously I'm partial to the Dyersburg broadcast as their radio host is in his 41st year of broadcasting. He's the best in the business and this is a great opportunity to get him some much deserved exposure. 

11 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

East Video Stream: 

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/east-nashville-high-school-nashville-tn/gamb3a15d6300

Dyersburg Radio: 

https://streamdb5web.securenetsystems.net/v5/index.cfm?stationCallSign=WTNV

Obviously I'm partial to the Dyersburg broadcast as their radio host is in his 41st year of broadcasting. He's the best in the business and this is a great opportunity to get him some much deserved exposure. 

Cool!! Thanks! i will try to tune in!! 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 10:29 AM, tennesseeannouncer said:

Yep. Some folks can never find the good.

”You won’t beat Covington!”

Dburg beats Covington.

”Enjoy your last week of the season!”

Don’t lose any sleep, Trojan Nation. Critical commentary has never be satisfied. Dyersburg could beat Alcoa by two points and be criticized for not winning by more.

Well they didn’t even get the chance to beat Alcoa by 2