D2-A 3rd Round Semifinals - winners heading to the scenic city

CougarDadx2

Wow three out of the 4 games last night were great contests! So here we are:

MTCS at CA: Repeat of week 1 (sorry, week 0) which went to 3OTs. I expect no less from this one. Two very similar teams looking run the ball and control the game but doing it out of different sets on offense.

NC at FC: Curtis versus Wolcott. One has 2,500 yds. on the ground, the other 2,500 in the air!

FCS with a two-peat. They are healthy on the line now. 

NC’s QB Curtis is clearly the best player in D2A by a long shot and is back from his early season injury but FC will run it on them well. 

CA and MTCS was a good game the first time that saw a miraculous play for MTCS to win. Whoever wins gets the honor of winning a silver ball for the first time in D2A football. 

On 11/12/2023 at 8:54 AM, Playerscoach said:

NC’s QB Curtis is clearly the best player in D2A by a long shot and is back from his early season injury but FC will run it on them well. 

CA and MTCS was a good game the first time that saw a miraculous play for MTCS to win. Whoever wins gets the honor of winning a silver ball for the first time in D2A football. 

On 11/12/2023 at 8:54 AM, Playerscoach said:

What makes you think that CA or MTCS cannot beat Friendship in the Championship Game? MTCS beat Friendship in the regular season and CA was up 21-12 on Friendship going into the 4th quarter, but got tired and let Friendship score 30 in the 4th quarter. So, in my opinion, at least, both teams are capable of beating Friendship.

7 hours ago, cdawg23 said:

What makes you think that CA or MTCS cannot beat Friendship in the Championship Game? MTCS beat Friendship in the regular season and CA was up 21-12 on Friendship going into the 4th quarter, but got tired and let Friendship score 30 in the 4th quarter. So, in my opinion, at least, both teams are capable of beating Friendship.

7 hours ago, cdawg23 said:

Friendship is healthy along the line now. They have been in a championship game. They are better overall than both MTCS and CA. Why would CA “let” FCS score all those points? :) 

The last games don’t mean a thing now it’s who is playing better and FCS is in my opinion.  Again those two programs have never been in the championship game so it’s a big hurdle.

2 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Friendship is healthy along the line now. They have been in a championship game. They are better overall than both MTCS and CA. Why would CA “let” FCS score all those points? :) 

The last games don’t mean a thing now it’s who is playing better and FCS is in my opinion.  Again those two programs have never been in the championship game so it’s a big hurdle.

Agreed

11 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Who was out or not 100% back in September when FCS played MTCS? Your comment made me rewatch the game and I am curious?

12 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Ok I see what you are saying now. I was just saying I don’t think it’s a guarantee that Friendship will beat MTCS or CA but they have been there before while the other two have not so that is certainly an advantage.

14 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Is the field different at the championship game or something. Do they have to jump hurdles to get there? Just curious about this championship atmosphere.

On 11/11/2023 at 8:15 AM, CougarDadx2 said:

Wow three out of the 4 games last night were great contests! So here we are:

MTCS at CA: Repeat of week 1 (sorry, week 0) which went to 3OTs. I expect no less from this one. Two very similar teams looking run the ball and control the game but doing it out of different sets on offense.

NC at FC: Curtis versus Wolcott. One has 2,500 yds. on the ground, the other 2,500 in the air!

I'll be at the FCS game, my first game of the year. I'm interested in seeing how Curtis has progressed since last year. I'll take FCS though, as they'll win the battle in the trenches.