Liberty Creek at East Nashville - Quarterfinals

howdoitknow

On 11/14/2023 at 1:28 PM, sumcofootball said:

Liberty Creek has had a good year but this will be the only year it lasts. Big senior class leaving and and their open zone is now over. And I believe the price of housing in zone is averaging $500,000. Rager (QB) has had a phenomenal year and should have been a Mr. Football finalist. LC would not be where they are without him. I believe their starting QB for next year is a kid only on his second year of football ever. 

Will they remain a 3A sized school when the new enrollment numbers come out next August or will they make the jump and be placed with their area schools?  Which school/schools did Liberty Creek draw from when it opened?  

4 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

East Nashville is good enough to potentially knock off Alcoa this year and that’s the case because they actually can function in all three parts of the game.  

Are you drunk? They will never beat Alcoa . Their special teams have little to do with their success . Alcoa is Alcoa . That side of 3A is terrible . 

Y’all boys really be scared of Alcoa! I’m not saying East can beat them, but it’s not out the question that Alcoa can’t be beaten. But I do think East is couple years away from having this type of conversation seriously. But I wouldn’t be surprised if this coaching staff pulls off a major upset if given the opportunity to play Alcoa. 

3 hours ago, EaggleNation said:

Y’all boys really be scared of Alcoa! I’m not saying East can beat them, but it’s not out the question that Alcoa can’t be beaten. But I do think East is couple years away from having this type of conversation seriously. But I wouldn’t be surprised if this coaching staff pulls off a major upset if given the opportunity to play Alcoa. 

Very possible, so how does this east team compare to last years?

2 hours ago, Slingitdownfield said:

Very possible, so how does this east team compare to last years?

I don't think they are quite as good, but they have talent. Their QB doesn't have the arm of last year's guy and the RBs are good, though young and not the bruisers of the last two years. The line play is about the same on both sides of the ball (The DL was probably a little better last year), while the secondary might be the one spot a little better than last year. 

Lat year's Eagle team had a real shot to knock off Alcoa and was undone, again, by some horrific special teams play. I don't see this one being able to hang with the Tornadoes. Lots of speed for the Eagles, less experience. I think Alcoa bullies them, if they meet in Chattanooga. East, though, has been the one school in 3A which has the makings of giving them a decent game in the next few years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 7:23 AM, howdoitknow said:

Will they remain a 3A sized school when the new enrollment numbers come out next August or will they make the jump and be placed with their area schools?  Which school/schools did Liberty Creek draw from when it opened?  

They should remain 3A since they will be going back to closed zoned. LC mainly drew from SC and Beech. It caused both Beech and SC to drop divisions. A school should have been built to relieve pressure from Gallatin, however Gallatin hardly lost any students. They county should have created a elementary and middle school to begin with then a high school later on. Both the elementary and middle school are overcrowded and you have 60-80+ kids trying out for teams with 15 roster spots. They are having to create city rec teams under the Liberty Creek name just to have more kids on their "sports teams."