Clinton Dragons 2024

92Dragon

13 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

No offense taken. You're right. It's going to be very difficult to replace the graduating seniors and any of the underclassman that decide to transfer out.

With all this talk about not being able to rebuild or replace the talent will just motivate Coach Keith and the coaching staff to prove everyone wrong. They literally use the doubters and criticism as motivation.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the off-season for sure. 

I do appreciate your loyalty, but if you don't have the jimmies and joes, then they can be motivated all they want, it ain't gonna matter.  4-6 regular season with that roster is just not getting it.  Unless they replace all those dudes with equal or better talent, next year is going to be extremely difficult on whomever the head coach is.  I still say he looks at the big picture and realizes it is a total 3-4 year rebuild.  I doubt he signs back up for that.  Hey, beating OR once will be his high water mark at Clinton.  I mean 19-24 with THESE dudes.  C'mon man.

2 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Who knows what Keith will do. Maybe he gets a bigger van. Maybe a large addition to his house. Possibly a even larger pipeline into ORHS. I think there were several guys from OR that ended up at Clinton this year.

They didn't get any that would have contributed this year.  That always happens, they get a few "Oak Ridge kids" every year, but only one of them ever has really contributed or started for them and that was not this year.  If you leave OR to play for Clinton, good luck to ya.  Means you can't start at OR.  

1 minute ago, atrisk said:

To be candid, if I were Keith I would go watch my son play wherever. He's probably has a very good retirement and life is too short.

That to me is the most likely scenario.  That military pension is no joke.  I mean he could go watch his son on Sat. and still coach.  I just don't see him taking on a total rebuild with all his dudes gone.  

3 minutes ago, atrisk said:

So what makes you think replacement "dudes" don't appear. Dinners at Calhoun's Oak Ridge can brighten young eyes.

Not a list of players like that.  Also, kids are pretty smart, they can look at what's left at Clinton and realize what little they have left.  What is the selling point to a kid that would make him want to go there.  Sure, there is playing time but it won't be any fun going 2-8 next year for anybody involved over there, especially the players putting in the year round work to have a losing record.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• I don't know what's going on in the town of McMinnville, but I've read this and it's disturbing.  I'm a "player" person, and I want what's best for the player. If a player gets cut off the team because she said the "F word" then good grief. I mean, come on guys. I wish there was a way for the player to transfer to a different program and just play ball. There are a lot of athletes that are stuck because they're in crappy situations regarding their team/coach. This is player just happens to be one them.
    • Won't happen. College coaches will back the coach every time and it cost this young lady her senior season. Looks like the player may be right on this one. School let her  go after one season. This stuff happens more than you think. 
    • “No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team.” For language? I’m not seeing that as a dealbreaker. 
    • Why did the coach get rehired after she was let go as an assistant by the former Warren County coach and the current AD?? Is that accurate?? I am very familiar with situations like this. Suprised lawsuits haven't happend before. If the coach unfairly let the player go, I think she has a shot because it cost her a scholarship. No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team. Not going to happen. There are bad hires like this a bunch and kids are treated unfairly by coaches that can't coach a lick and have super long ropes somehow. Amazing how some of these coaches get hired and keep their job. 
    • I am going to assume you are not a lawyer, and most reasonable lawyers would not say the lawsuit has a zero percent chance in court. I agree with you that a coach has the ability to dismiss anyone from a team. However, Ms. Winfree was never presented with the opportunity to present her witnesses and have them tell the coaches and administrators what they heard. A lawyer could better explain the lawsuit and the grounds to you. Before you start making wild assumptions about the lawsuit, would it be too much to ask that you do a little legal research first? The lawsuit is dealing with due process, loss of property, and defamation.   You can read the lawsuit here: https://bdnewsletter.files.wordpress.com/2024/04/doc-1-complaint-filed-4-18-2024.pdf