Bowers

QuickStrike

10 hours ago, Booger said:

Ensworth was already setting back under Bowers before Garrett took it.....aint no doubt Wade can coach lights out....and Booger wouldnt bet against Ensworth wins few more games if Bowers appoints him as Ensworth is cycling out....

....anyone would fortunate to have Wade....he needs to stay at DCA...unless he wants more dinero......Ensworth does not rise back to dominance if hired by Wade....

if great coaches dont have the Jimmy and Joes....you dont collect Gold Balls

Booger just sayin ;)

I disagree here Booger….. You are talking like next season is do or die for wade if ensworth hires him…. If wade gets hired by bowers nobody is expecting a gold ball next year or the year after…. The talent is down down down…. You can get a lot of  Jimmy and joes in a few years at a place like ensworth…. gold ball in 3-4 years if ensworth hires wade….what you think?

17 hours ago, QuickStrike said:

We would love to have him at BA.  
Proven winner, sounds perfect to me at the D2 level and knows the landscape.   Bowers knows winners.  

….. BA alum would love to have wade…. I saw what he did to us back in 2010-2015…. Proven winner in D2 knows what it takes to turn a program around…. Look what he did at DCA with no talent…. Hopefully we make the right choice this time…. 

21 hours ago, The50YardLine said:

I disagree here Booger….. You are talking like next season is do or die for wade if ensworth hires him…. If wade gets hired by bowers nobody is expecting a gold ball next year or the year after…. The talent is down down down…. You can get a lot of  Jimmy and joes in a few years at a place like ensworth…. gold ball in 3-4 years if ensworth hires wade….what you think?

Down at qb for sure. Could have used another wr more than likely to help out, but the problem for ensworth wasn’t talent. They have tons of talent. The problem for ensworth came from the inside. The scheme wasn’t there. When you are running out of shotgun from the 1 yard line and you have a 6’2 man child you can just give it to under center just doesn’t add up. Plenty of talent wasn’t being utilized to its fullest as well. They were so much more athletic than mba this year(no disrespect to mba, they’d probably agree) that when ensworth lost it was a clear sign of being out coached. Being that it was a rival was just icing on the cake. 

22 hours ago, The50YardLine said:

no sir.....dont think it would be do or die.....the dude can coach

Booger just sayin :thumb:

4 hours ago, Ballfan4562 said:

Down at qb for sure. Could have used another wr more than likely to help out, but the problem for ensworth wasn’t talent. They have tons of talent. The problem for ensworth came from the inside. The scheme wasn’t there. When you are running out of shotgun from the 1 yard line and you have a 6’2 man child you can just give it to under center just doesn’t add up. Plenty of talent wasn’t being utilized to its fullest as well. They were so much more athletic than mba this year(no disrespect to mba, they’d probably agree) that when ensworth lost it was a clear sign of being out coached. Being that it was a rival was just icing on the cake. 

Agree completely…… roc had to go….

This is actually true. My son played for Roc at BGA on teams loaded with D1 guys. My issue was they were always a little  too finesse. He would get obsessed with the speed and not run the ball enough. Shotgun at the 1or 2 yard line drives me crazy. He’s a good guy and a good coach, just not quite tough enough to get over the championship hump.

That said, BGA should probably get him back. Not sure they can do better in the state the program is in now.

On 11/30/2023 at 9:15 AM, The50YardLine said:

If you use the Lipscomb model you can turn it around more quickly but be careful who you text.  Ensworth is no rookie when it concerns to recruiting.  

2 minutes ago, kappy said:

I agree and every public-school in Nashville recruits.

Truer words have hardly been spoken.  I once knew a parent that ran into the head band member recently spoken about and asked, "when do you start recruiting athletes?"  The response, "Which state?"

If we are about the kids, we are about the kids earning the ability to put themselves in the best place possible.

I did hear from a Page parent that supposedly the band leader was spotted at a coffee shop on granny white at the green hills end of the pike this morning.

1 hour ago, kappy said:

I agree and every public-school in Nashville recruits.

When ya’ll say every public and private school recruits…. what does that really mean??? high school coaches are not out recruiting like college coaches… that’s a fact… its up to the student athlete and the parents where they think is the best place to succeed….. 
Ya’ll can say all you want about schools recruiting and this and that…. At the end of the day it matters about the coaching and how the players respond…. an example is mba… do you really think mba is recruiting??? No, they believe in the system at hand and the coaches know how to prepare what they have on hand…. Ya’ll think MTCS is recruiting??? Come on….boarding schools don’t count btw…. Let me know what yall think…