2023 Arby's Classic

TribalEmpire

22 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

A school with an enrollment of less than 450 shouldn't ever beat a school with an enrollment of 3000 plus in anything. 

But it happened today. I know G-Dub is good. I saw them with my own eyes make 13 3's in a quarter last year against Twin Springs in the state tournament. But that's Twin Springs not Dorman. 

Not always true. In Kentucky one of the favorites to win state is a school under 300 enrollment. 

Folks the lesson learned is never EVER EVER EVER leave a game early.

Arby's Classic game 11 final.

Imhotep 58, Maryville 52

Red Rebels led 46-19 when I left mid third quarter.

Panthers outscored Murvil 39-6 the remainder of the game to pull off one of the most improbable victories in Arby's History.

To put this in perspective, the Red Rebels were 3 points away from the running clock being implemented for the reminder of the game. Just absolutely unbelievable.

Maryville will play Dobyns-Bennett in the final game of tomorrow's early session in what could be a preview of a TSSAA 4A sweet 16 matchup later down the road. 

Imhotep will play Mater Lakes in tomorrow nights quarterfinal four.

10 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

Did you stay for it all? Stupid me left. 

Stuck around. It was almost unreal. It wasn’t like he was just attacking the rim and finishing. He just kept drilling deep shots, contested, falling down, didn’t matter. I kept thinking okay, he can’t keep this up and Maryville has enough cushion that when he cools off they can hang on. Nope, never happened, he just refused to be denied.