Bearden Basketball

JournalEntry

1 hour ago, dirtydawg15 said:

I'm aware of Parrott's record prior to Bearden.

You are arguing two different things.

1) Bearden has fallen off. Results say otherwise.

2) You don't think Parrott is a good coach. That's your opinion.

I guess we’ll see this year but it looks like the well has run dry since losing all of Blevins recruits is all I’m saying.

On 11/25/2023 at 10:58 AM, JournalEntry said:

Just seem like they have really fallen off since Blevins has left.

You are a moron.  Post Blevins they have 5 state tournaments in 7 seasons..., won the Arby's, won a gold ball, and a silver ball  Meanwhile my Admirals can't even make 1 state tournament cause we get in fights.  Seems like they can coach over at Bearden.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ClaboCrazy1961 said:

You are a moron.  Post Blevins they have 5 state tournaments in 7 seasons..., won the Arby's, won a gold ball, and a silver ball  Meanwhile my Admirals can't even make 1 state tournament cause we get in fights.  Seems like they can coach over at Bearden.  

It just seems like the consistency of the Bearden Basketball product has devolved since Blevins. I’m talking about attitude, effort, toughness. I don’t think you see much of that like you did in the 2000s and 2010s. Yes, there has been some consistent success but that has more clearly to do with the talent influx as a result of recruiting.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JournalEntry said:

It just seems like the consistency of the Bearden Basketball product has devolved since Blevins. I’m talking about attitude, effort, toughness. I don’t think you see much of that like you did in the 2000s and 2010s. Yes, there has been some consistent success but that has more clearly to do with the talent influx as a result of recruiting.

Recruiting? Lol.  Blevins used to recruit as much as anyone.  Who has basketball recruited lately?  My kids have went through Farragut and most all of those boys at Bearden have been West Valley kids.   Go back under your bridge troll

Edited by ClaboCrazy1961
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ClaboCrazy1961 said:

Recruiting? Lol.  Blevins used to recruit as much as anyone.  Who has basketball recruited lately?  My kids have went through Farragut and most all of those boys at Bearden have been West Valley kids.   Go back under your bridge troll

I’ve seen some future stars out there on the court. But again, I’m just highlighting the lack of effort, attitude and toughness that has lacked since handlebar went to Alabama.

On 11/27/2023 at 3:36 PM, JournalEntry said:

I count three out of zone players on the current roster. I do think Basketball still plays with five. So on the court at one time it could be 60% out of zone, that seems a little high. Not my intention to troll but rather to have open forum.

Most high school programs have 25-35 kids...

Did you know that Fulton's 3 best players are out of zone?

22 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Kids can go wherever they please in that county, it seems, and no one bats an eye. Just the nature of the beast anymore.

As long as kids transfer coming out of 8th grade OR move into the new school's zone it is all good.  This transfer stuff has always been around.  Find it funny that all of a sudden people are upset about Bearden football cause they finally are relevant.  Was there all of this outrage when Jones was at Fulton or Powell?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ClaboCrazy1961 said:

Most high school programs have 25-35 kids...

Did you know that Fulton's 3 best players are out of zone?

As long as kids transfer coming out of 8th grade OR move into the new school's zone it is all good.  This transfer stuff has always been around.  Find it funny that all of a sudden people are upset about Bearden football cause they finally are relevant.  Was there all of this outrage when Jones was at Fulton or Powell?

Ah yes the old bandwagon fallacy, because Fulton’s doing it, we should too! That makes a ton of sense.