Bearden Basketball

JournalEntry

2 minutes ago, ClaboCrazy1961 said:

Most high school programs have 25-35 kids...

Did you know that Fulton's 3 best players are out of zone?

As long as kids transfer coming out of 8th grade OR move into the new school's zone it is all good.  This transfer stuff has always been around.  Find it funny that all of a sudden people are upset about Bearden football cause they finally are relevant.  Was there all of this outrage when Jones was at Fulton or Powell?

Oh, quite a few were, that I know of. I’ve known about him since his Fulton days. It’s no coincidence when he left Fulton they started sucking big time. Lowe @ Powell is still a good enough coach to keep Powell relevant or they’d probably suck too.

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Oh, quite a few were, that I know of. I’ve known about him since his Fulton days. It’s no coincidence when he left Fulton they started sucking big time. Lowe @ Powell is still a good enough coach to keep Powell relevant or they’d probably suck too.

Bearden Football is just now joining the recruiting game with JJ. But they have long been involved with recruiting primarily in basketball and soccer. But… it’s not just 8th graders. I recall a recent girls state basketball title team with three starters that transferred after playing at other schools.

On 11/29/2023 at 2:05 PM, JournalEntry said:

Bearden Football is just now joining the recruiting game with JJ. But they have long been involved with recruiting primarily in basketball and soccer. But… it’s not just 8th graders. I recall a recent girls state basketball title team with three starters that transferred after playing at other schools.

Basketball and soccer have been so successful that they recruit themselves.  Just like my admirals baseball team and Maryville/Alcoa football

45 minutes ago, JournalEntry said:

I don’t know why they can’t instill that effort, attitude and toughness that Blevins always had in his players. His teams in 2010’s were rock solid as far as what you want in a HS program. Bearden just puts together “teams” of recruits now, not a real program. 

I have been able to watch them at least twice every year for the last 25 years, and I completely disagree with your comments.  Furthermore, about 95% of those boys I see play at Bearden were the same kids I saw play in middle school for West Valley.  If anything there have been fewer recruits playing over there since Blevins left.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JournalEntry said:

Big game vs Fulton this weekend. Can’t wait to see a great Fulton team play against that Bearden club. Interested to see if Bearden chooses to play defense.

The last several years Bearden has played excellent defense from what I have seen.  They regularly hold teams well under their season averages.  Right now coacht page has them allowing only 40.8 ppg...

• Upvote 1