Bearden Basketball

JournalEntry

great to be in the dawg house tonight for the first time in years. 72-67 west with a win butreally wasnt close. Dont know tjat coach for west but many he had me ready to play their attitude and effort and overall fundamentals were great. Concessiojs just like remember. Had buddys right before the game. Didnt seem to be the community aTmaosphere like I remember a decade ago. keep fighting bearden. Can tell it’s a down year from the teams I remember but it’s early so growth to be had. 

• Upvote 1

I have been stressing on this thread the need to stiffen up the defense and we just let them run through us tonight. I honestly don’t even know what to think. I think about those jerseys hanging in the rafters and the banners that CMB put on the wall and just wonder what they would think of this team’s performance. Make no mistake, it starts with coaching. There is still room for improvement but JP needs to take a good hard look in the mirror and have an ole fashion come to Jesus meeting with himself. The culture that legendary CMB built on effort, attitude and toughness just isn’t there. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/15/2023 at 9:38 PM, JournalEntry said:

I have been stressing on this thread the need to stiffen up the defense and we just let them run through us tonight. I honestly don’t even know what to think. I think about those jerseys hanging in the rafters and the banners that CMB put on the wall and just wonder what they would think of this team’s performance. Make no mistake, it starts with coaching. There is still room for improvement but JP needs to take a good hard look in the mirror and have an ole fashion come to Jesus meeting with himself. The culture that legendary CMB built on effort, attitude and toughness just isn’t there. 

Bearden Bulldogs have a good team. Bearden Bulldogs only lost by 5 points to West Rebels. Bearden Bulldogs will not get mercy ruled. I guarantee it. They are too good to let it happen. Watch and see. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

1 hour ago, Stinger24 said:

Interesting statement. If you look at numbers and trophies, it seems Parrott has done better than Blevins. 

Bearden Bulldogs were good with Blevins and Bearden Bulldogs are still good with Parrott. They do not get mercy ruled very much because they are have a very good program. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

11 hours ago, Stinger24 said:

Interesting statement. If you look at numbers and trophies, it seems Parrott has done better than Blevins. 

Not so fast, Sting Sting. Let’s not forget to count the sub .500 record that Jeremy racked up at Hawkins Co High. I understand it was basically like middle school ball but we’ll count it.

17 hours ago, JournalEntry said:

Not so fast, Sting Sting. Let’s not forget to count the sub .500 record that Jeremy racked up at Hawkins Co High. I understand it was basically like middle school ball but we’ll count it.

Not sure what kind of talent Hawkins Co has or what his teams were like there. poor coaching is when you don’t win with talent. Every coach relies on talent. 

anyway, will be interesting to see who comes out on top of district. Based off scores, everyone seems competitive. 

3 hours ago, Stinger24 said:

Not sure what kind of talent Hawkins Co has or what his teams were like there. poor coaching is when you don’t win with talent. Every coach relies on talent. 

anyway, will be interesting to see who comes out on top of district. Based off scores, everyone seems competitive. 

If the Dawgs can stay out of their own way and overcome JP they will be in the hunt.

17 hours ago, EastTNfootballFan111 said:

Coach Parrott is an excellent coach. He’s done great at Bearden. He does things the right way, and runs an excellent program.

From what I’ve seen on this thread, it seems JE must have something personal against Coach Jeremy Parrott. Maybe a reaction to personal shortcomings or something deeper. My guess is a parent who’s child didn’t play, someone who has never coached, or someone who has failed as a coach.

I completely agree with your statement. Bearden has only been successful since Parrott took over. 

On 12/23/2023 at 12:23 AM, Stinger24 said:

From what I’ve seen on this thread, it seems JE must have something personal against Coach Jeremy Parrott. Maybe a reaction to personal shortcomings or something deeper. My guess is a parent who’s child didn’t play, someone who has never coached, or someone who has failed as a coach.

I completely agree with your statement. Bearden has only been successful since Parrott took over. 

Nothing against Jeremy, at all. Been following him since he started at BHS a few years ago. He’s just a stark contrast from his predecessor Coach Mark Blevins. I think with more experience we will see how he truly does. It has to be hard for Jeremy to always be thought of as the young guy or new coach having to follow in the footsteps of a legend.

9 hours ago, JournalEntry said:

Nothing against Jeremy, at all. Been following him since he started at BHS a few years ago. He’s just a stark contrast from his predecessor Coach Mark Blevins. I think with more experience we will see how he truly does. It has to be hard for Jeremy to always be thought of as the young guy or new coach having to follow in the footsteps of a legend.

Mark??? Is that you??

Edited by SweetScience