White County vs. Cookeville

fanforever

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to say that I agree with some of the points brought up. I don't know if I understood why he brought 5 girls off the bench for the last 3 minutes of the first. Its a risk throwing out that group when cookeville still has their first line up in. However, I can understand what he might have been thinking. I've seen that second group come in and score 15 points in the last 3 minutes in a quarter this year. Playing a team as good as cookeville in cookeville though, that was a very risky move. Benchcoach, I don't see why you think Hess is out of control on the sideline. There are a thousand coaches in Tennessee that are more out of control than he is, and one at his on school even. I thought the girls should have won the game even though having a poor game. Like I said they still have a lot of improving. I got a question for benchcoach to, you keep saying at crunch time you should be playing your best............who is Hess not playing that should be playing?

Benchcoach- I don't know if I would is the whole geam but I'd say its the whole game but it sure can decide the game. That wasn't my question though. I'd appreciate it if you would answer my question though. You keep saying Hess should play his best players in crunch time. Who is he not playing that you think should be playing? Thanks for the answer. Cookeville fans looking at Coach Hess? First off so what, but I mean cookeville's coach is notorious for being a hot head and getting technical fouls. A lot more known for her temper than Hess is for his. You say we should change our offensive scheme but I think its our execution and maybe more our defense also really. I say our execution because they were running the same offense at the beginning of the season and scored over 60 points in 3 of their first 4 or 5 games. So it seemed like the offense was affective but now the girls don't seem to execute good screns and good cuts as often as they were early. I know you are wondering why I said defense cause we aren't giving up that many points a game and didn't give up many tuesday. I think the defense is good but they are not forcing the turnovers they were forcing early on in the season. There offense gets rolling when they are getting turnovers and getting in the open floor. Best offense is a good defense kind of thing. I do agree with you partly though. Hess has some plays that I think are more effective than others. It does seem like lately he has been running more of those. So i don't know if he needs to change the offense but use more of it and get his other stuff in that he was running the first few games. Offenses with a spread floor and more cuts towards the basket, rather it be basket cuts or cutting off screens. It lets the girls free lance more than a flex for example. They should be putting up 60 a game. More post touches would help to I think. Tell me what you think he should do offensivley.