Bearden 2023

JournalEntry

No info on their team this year? Surprised more people aren’t talking about them. I guess there isn’t much interest in it. The thing I was most surprised with vs Mo West was their inability to defend those ball screens that MW was running. I didn’t see any hedge and recover or anything. Summitt used to talk about how important defense is for winning championships.

I noticed at the ball game vs Alcoa the signage in the gymnasium about the win streak the girls team went on in 22-23. An impressive streak for sure even though we have a handpicked all star team. My question for you fellow close basketball followers out there… has there been a more dominant but overall underachieving team as ours on the state level?

55 minutes ago, JournalEntry said:

I noticed at the ball game vs Alcoa the signage in the gymnasium about the win streak the girls team went on in 22-23. An impressive streak for sure even though we have a handpicked all star team. My question for you fellow close basketball followers out there… has there been a more dominant but overall underachieving team as ours on the state level?

Bearden Female Bulldogs are real good this year. They will not get mercy ruled. It will not happen. They are too good to let it happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

They will be pretty good but we likely won't know how good until the tourney starts.   They don't really play any of the top teams (according to their schedule) unless they face someone in a holiday tourney.  But Hodge alone will make them pretty good. 

Its easy to forget that they took BC to the brink in an instant Glass House classic last year.   Yes that was with Treadwell (Ms. Basketball Winner) who is at Florida State now.   But Hodge was almost unguardable that game and she is still there.  Also its crazy that they have lost 4 games in the last two years and 10 games in the last 4 years!  You don't do that unless you are extremely well coached and have a really good team with alot of depth.   Farragut will be a good measuring stick but it will interesting to see who comes out of the east this year.  It would be hard to not have them at the top of the list based on the last 4 years.   Can Science Hill or Sevier County knock them out??  Maybe!

Edited by LadyCavsFan
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

They will be pretty good but we likely won't know how good until the tourney starts.   They don't really play any of the top teams (according to their schedule) unless they face someone in a holiday tourney.  But Hodge alone will make them pretty good. 

Its easy to forget that they took BC to the brink in an instant Glass House classic last year.   Yes that was with Treadwell (Ms. Basketball Winner) who is at Florida State now.   But Hodge was almost unguardable that game and she is still there.  Also its crazy that they have lost 4 games in the last two years and 10 games in the last 4 years!  You don't do that unless you are extremely well coached and have a really good team with alot of depth.   Farragut will be a good measuring stick but it will interesting to see who comes out of the east this year.  It would be hard to not have them at the top of the list based on the last 4 years.   Can Science Hill or Sevier County knock them out??  Maybe!

Not science Hill. They lost last night to a rebuilding and injured Elizabethton team by 20. 

17 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I will never forget that game vs BC in the Glass House. They definitely played a great game but got out coached most of the game and eventually fell short of a great team. They rely so much on the 2-3 zone and I think that’s easy to scheme up for any half way decent offensive coach.  Hodge will make them a contender until she graduates but they miss the presence of Treadwell in the middle.

Edited by JournalEntry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, THE KING said:

Not science Hill. They lost last night to a rebuilding and injured Elizabethton team by 20. 

I mentioned SH because I think they are the last team to knock them out of making the glass house. But for sure I wouldn’t want to be facing Sevier County in a sectional this year.   Who else is in that region?  

4 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I mentioned SH because I think they are the last team to knock them out of making the glass house. But for sure I wouldn’t want to be facing Sevier County in a sectional this year.   Who else is in that region?  

I know Daniel Boone, Dobyns-Bennett, and west ridge is in that district 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, JournalEntry said:

Good grief, Justin got it handed to him in all phases today. I guess you can only ride the athletes so far until you see similar talent and coaching comes into play. I wonder if he even studies the film or just hangs out with his buddy Josh and recruits. No defense!

After reading alot of your stuff it's apparent that you might need to pick up a whistle at Hibbets today and wander on over to Bearden and get you a coaching application.  You non stop coach bash on here and have no idea what you are even talking about.  Justin Underwood is one of the absolute best coaches in the business.  He is respected across the state by his peers and he is a proven winner.  Not only does he coach winning basketball, but he is a family man who teaches more than just basketball.  You might want to direct criticism elsewhere if you want to have any credibility on these boards moving forward.

• Like 1